The Kvetch Thread

Roberta

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2011 12:49 pm
@GracieGirl,
Gracie, querida, I had radiation to my throat. The side effects are many, and all stink. One of the side effects is dry mouth. When your mouth is dry, your teeth rot (and you have a helluva time licking envelopes).

I was referred to a dental clinic. I am covered for some teeth (!) by Medicaid. I got sick and couldn't go to the dentist. I'll make another appointment and try again.

No, it didn't hurt, and I didn't bite into anything hard. It just gave way.

I was at the hospital today and kept forgetting to keep my mouth shut. (I'm a talker.) So people saw me looking like a hillbilly, or a Hawaiian, according to Andy.

JPB

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2011 12:50 pm
@Roberta,
Shoot! Just another damned thing, eh?

(((( R ))))
Roberta

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2011 12:54 pm
@JPB,
Yup. At leatht I don't lithp. I wath worried about that.
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2011 01:01 pm
Just to keep the record straight*, my kvetch about toothless Hawaiians wasn't a kvetch; it was just a response to Rockhead's crack about toothless Kansans which I found humorous and duly up-thumbed.

*Hard to keep the record straight in this humidity. The vynil keeps warping.
GracieGirl

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2011 04:46 pm
@Roberta,
Roberta! Hey, sorry it takes me awhile to respond and stuff. I'm in school. Smile

Ugh, radiation! That stuff sucks!! I don't know how you deal with that stuff. You're a strong lady. Atleast it didn't hurt you when your tooth broke. I didn't know radiation could do that. Are the dentist just gonna give you a new tooth? Can they help the other teeth that were rotten cause of radiation and your mouth getting dry and stuff?

Besides all the crappy stuff, did anything else happen today? Anything good or fun or interesting? What's up? Smile
msolga

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2011 05:25 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Oh I know that Andrew. And most likely so did anyone else reading the thread, too.
That my my poor attempt at humour.
Even with a Wink at the end, obviously it didn't work.
Next time I will read the preceding posts before posting. Wink
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2011 06:20 pm
@GracieGirl,
Yes, Gracie. The dentist will try to fix my teeth--at least the ones covered by Medicaid.

Nothing at all interesting happened today. I got up a lot earlier than usual. Went to the hospital. Went to the bank, the drugstore, and the supermarket. Came home and edited ten pages of extremely boring manuscript. Took a nap.

Wake up, Gracie! I never claimed to lead an exciting life.

BTW, yes, radiation is suckocious. But it got the cancer. Of all the ooky side effects, one that makes me especially sad is that I can't sing anymore. (Hey, this is the kvetch thread. I figured I'd throw in a kvetch.)
Rockhead

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2011 06:25 pm
@Roberta,
I spent the evening on the roof of the shop in the wind, making guide wires for my chimbley and my new internet radio receiver (I got upgraded, and we made it taller)

at least now my stove won't move around in the wind and rain.

brrrr.

and now I gotta go split some wood. in the dark. gonna snow on the weekend.

never boring on the big wide prairie...
JPB

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2011 06:33 pm
@Rockhead,
Quote:
I spent the evening on the roof of the shop in the wind

HA! Now, there's a memory!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2011 06:42 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
partial dentures cost money..
re the hawaiians. But you know that and there maybe more acceptability culturally.

I have scrunchy lower teeth and was called snaggle tooth for an upper situation until I got caps in my late teens for two teeth, a big deal for my parents. My high school grad picture has me looking untooth fetching. But braces were relatively new then and we couldn't afford them anyway. People just walked around with out brightened whitened perfect smiles.

I'll call it cosmetosis, what goes on now. Not that I don't agree some have serious teeth distribution problems that need care, but the perfection thing is a matter of our time and place.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2011 12:07 am
Did your tooth fairy look like this?

http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/23900000/Dark-tooth-fairy-after-dark-23943869-485-481.jpg
Roberta

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2011 12:23 am
@margo,
Hey! I said that the tooth fairy looked a lot like my father. That is NOT what my father looked like.

And if that ghoul tries sticking his hand under my pillow looking for a tooth, I'll bite the ****** off.
Rockhead

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2011 12:38 am
@Roberta,
Shocked
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2011 10:58 am
@Roberta,
Did he look something like this? I know this is actually the Chanukah fairy; but he has to work off season as well.
http://www.pamelascorneronline.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/hanukkah--m.gif
Sometimes he wears a disguise, looks like this: http://th00.deviantart.net/images/PRE/i/2002/51/5/8/Hanukkah_Fairy.png

As to teeth, I decided to stop pushing it. I chipped a tooth, front tooth, got it bonded a few years later, took another fall, chipped it again, ripping it apart even more as the bonding material pulled some weakened tooth with it. That was 8 years ago and I haven't bothered to get it fixed, since I know my luck.
Rockhead

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2011 01:13 pm
@Sturgis,
I gotta say, the chanukah fairy is enough to scare me straight...

$$@*$@&*#@(%@^...

I gotta walk over to town and get a car to work on. (he said he would walk back, but he is older'n me, and has his own health issues)

that's not the worstest part.

he's already tried to put a new water pump on it and failed. I'm pretty sure I know why, without even seeing it (aside from being worked on by a novice)

I told him I would need to wait for smoky to get back (he went to the doctor, dint want a driver) and go get a new gasket. dude said no, I wouldn't. he did not use the gasket, he just used a tube of uckem pucky instead.

that rarely works out well. he's gonna have to pay extra for me to clean all that **** off of there so I can do it right...

0 Replies

GracieGirl

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2011 03:56 pm
@Roberta,
Haha! Right, sorry. I just like it when you tell stories. Nothing new today either? Very Happy

I didn't know you used to sing! It sucks that you lost that. I can't sing all that well. I try though. I'm okay at playing guitar. I have a vid on Facebook and I can show you if you want. Can you play an instrument? Guitars the best! Smile
GracieGirl

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2011 03:57 pm
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:

And if that ghoul tries sticking his hand under my pillow looking for a tooth, I'll bite the ****** off.

HAHAHA!!! Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2011 04:06 pm
@GracieGirl,
Sturgis, I think I'd rather have the ghoul. Never heard of the Chanukah fairy. Live and loin. If this weren't a front tooth, I'd probably not bother. But I'm gonna give the dentist a shot at this.

RH, when you talk about cars, you might as well be talking about astrophysics. Totally clueless. But I got the gist of the kvetch, I think.

Gracie, I sang well when I was a child. I loved to sing, and didn't much care whether I was good at it. I wasn't that good when I got older. I sang just for the joy of it. No one heard me but my cats. And I played the guitar when I was younger. Enjoyed that too.
Lustig Andrei

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2011 04:28 pm
@Roberta,
I'll bet you and I could do a mean duet on Hava-Nagila, 'Boita.
Roberta

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2011 05:59 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Only if we were dancing the hora at the time, Andy.