The Kvetch Thread

Roberta

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2011 01:21 pm
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:

So I come home from dinner out and open the mail. I find a letter from the Social Security Admin. They're happy to inform me that they're raising my monthly payment. The amount that they're raising it to is less than the amount I'm currently receiving.

As far as raises go, this one sucks big time.

Now I gotta call them. No rest for the weary.

Muttering many dirty words. MANY.

Becoming increasingly incensed. I made my decision to take Social Security based on a certain amount.

I'll call Monday. Today I'm lumping.

Gives me a chance to work up a good snarl.
JPB

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2011 01:59 pm
@Roberta,
There has to be a mistake in there somewhere. At least, I hope there is.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2011 02:24 pm
@Roberta,
is SSA anything like our CPP (Canada Pension Plan)?

CPP has a base amount which is indexed annually - then there are other lumps that go on top of that (disability/dependants etc). They send out notices of the annual increase - but those notices don't tell you the new total total. (stupid system)
Roberta

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2011 03:35 pm
@ehBeth,
J, I assume there's a mistake. I hope it's in my favor. I have a chance to appeal. But first I need to find out what the hell they're talking about--an increase to less than what I'm now getting!

bethie, The CPP sounds very similar to SSA. Don't know for sure.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2011 04:29 pm
I ruined a perfectly good lump day. Left the milk out overnight. Gotta go get some more.

I'll do some work later and lump tomorrow.

Never left the milk out before. My brain is turning to mush. I'm gonna miss it when it's gone.
dlowan

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2011 04:47 pm
@Roberta,
Dollink....it ain't mush, and when it is you'll not know.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2011 05:04 pm
@Roberta,
I wake up and remember I forgot to finish putting away leftovers a lot.

fortunately stinky doesn't care for people food...
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Mon 14 Nov, 2011 12:00 pm
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:

Roberta wrote:

So I come home from dinner out and open the mail. I find a letter from the Social Security Admin. They're happy to inform me that they're raising my monthly payment. The amount that they're raising it to is less than the amount I'm currently receiving.

As far as raises go, this one sucks big time.

Now I gotta call them. No rest for the weary.

Muttering many dirty words. MANY.

Becoming increasingly incensed. I made my decision to take Social Security based on a certain amount.

I'll call Monday. Today I'm lumping.

Gives me a chance to work up a good snarl.

I called. The mystery is solved. Starting this month, they're deducting for my Medicare benefits. So it's an increase but decrease because of that.

I worked up a good snarl. Gone to waste. Sigh.
Sturgis

Reply Mon 14 Nov, 2011 12:09 pm
@Roberta,
ARGH! Less money.
Sigh! Ah an increase of sorts, even though it's not.
Whew! At least they didn't actually take money from the main, just transferred it to a different space...although if you refuse PartB, you can get the money back, although then hospital stays become riskier as far as expense.

I think you are still entitled to a snarl since there'll be less cash going in your bankbook. Maybe a small snarl...
Roberta

Reply Mon 14 Nov, 2011 01:23 pm
@Sturgis,
I'm waiting to hear whether my Medicaid will be renewed. If it is, I'll refuse part B and take the cash. This is of course I can change my mind in the future. They're sending me info about this.

I want da money. But I'm in and out of the hospital too often to walk away from coverage.
dlowan

Reply Mon 14 Nov, 2011 03:01 pm
@Roberta,
Snarl.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2011 12:25 pm
I thought I was in desperate need of sleep and decided to not set my alarm, but to sleep as long as I could.

Finally sleeping well. It's been a while. And then . . . . . . . .

The fancy shmancy private school diagonally across the street decides to have a rock concert in the street.

It didn't start early enough for me to change my plans and go where I decided not to go.

Snarling and yawning. Realled pissed. Saying many dirty words.

In my muttering state, I decided to try to reinstall an editing template that was disabled when my hard drive was replaced. Put in a lot of time on it. I hope I didn't screw up anything. I still cannot use the template.

The concert is still going on, so I can't go back to sleep.

Happy birthday to me.
Rockhead

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2011 12:28 pm
@Roberta,
wow.

nobody ever serenades me on my birthday...

(((B)))
Roberta

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2011 12:38 pm
@Rockhead,
You gotta move across the street from a fancy shmancy private school.
Rockhead

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2011 12:41 pm
@Roberta,
yeah. I live across from a wheat field.

but they do harvest with great big giant machines and lotsa dust around my birthday...

mebbe you should wander over and say hi. where there's a band, lotsa food is not far away.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2011 02:02 pm
@Roberta,
Birthday? It's your birthday?

Roberta

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2011 02:13 pm
@dlowan,
Yes. Everybody's got one. This day is mine. Izzie started me one of dem boithday threads.
Lustig Andrei

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2011 02:15 pm
@Roberta,
Well, havea very happy. I'll wish you that now just in case I can't find izzy's thread.
Roberta

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2011 02:31 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Thanks, Andy.
Sturgis

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2011 10:51 am
@Roberta,
I want to kvetch about my dimwitted neighbors. Whoever allows these neanderthals to hold a pen and sign a lease should be beaten senseless. This is the third clown in the abode beneath me, that seems to think a hammer is just the dandiest blasted utensil on planet Wilkonia. Hours and hours of hammering away, at what, nobody knows.

On a non kvetch moment (at least for me), my neighbor to the front is cursing up a storm. I suspect the mice have visited his pot stash.