The Kvetch Thread

JPB

Reply Tue 4 Oct, 2011 01:37 pm
I really, really, really hate insurance companies!

I have just been informed that although I've spent months dotting i's and crossing t's trying to get everything lined up so that we can roll over to whatever coverage we need to roll over to that I will have a gap in my insurance coverage. The letter I requested in writing and THREE freaking times by phone has not yet arrived and will not arrive in time to allow my file to be reviewed and processed by the folks at the state of IL who need to do such reviewing and processing in order to prevent a gap in coverage. I asked if the coverage would be retroactive back to 10/7 (the date I will no longer be insured by our current provider) and the answer is, "No. The coverage begins only after the case is finalized and the file is closed."

Bastids!
Rockhead

Reply Tue 4 Oct, 2011 01:39 pm
@JPB,
welcome to the machine.

it's all about the benjamins...
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 4 Oct, 2011 03:44 pm
@JPB,
Argh.

That sucks.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2011 05:51 am
@JPB,
J, Sympathetic and a half. Found out yesterday that Medicaid needs to send out a new card for prescriptions. They reject all prescriptions on the old cards, but they haven't sent out all the new cards yet. (!?) So I'm paying cash for my asthma and BP meds. It's not like I can wait for the card before I take the medicine.

I think there is something fundamentally wrong here. We're all victims, and nobody seems to care. All decisions and actions seem to be political instead of humane--or even rational.

I'm in a dirty word stream.
dlowan

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2011 06:58 am
@Roberta,
Oh good grief! That fuckin suckin.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2011 10:29 am
I thought I would take this opportunity to post on this thread that at this moment--Thursday, October 13, 2011, at 12:29 p.m.--I have nothing to kvetch about.

It was bound to happen eventually.

Enjoy the moment.
sozobe

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2011 10:30 am
@Roberta,
I believe YOU are the one who should be enjoying the moment in question.

(Or is it over already?)
Roberta

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2011 02:15 pm
@sozobe,
soz, I am enjoying the moment. But keep in mind that I'm not the one who has to listen to me kvetch. It's those near and dear to me who suffer.

I called my friend just so she could hear me happy. Doesn't happen often. She was thrilled.
Sturgis

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2011 08:03 am
@Roberta,
People should be honored to be the ones you kvetch to. Would they maybe prefer you chose some random person on the street? No. Better you kvetch to loved ones, then one day they maybe return the honor and kvetch to you?

Remember when here you are in the kvetching zone, so kvetch away as needed.

https://www.jewishanonymousparents.com/KvetchingZone.jpg
Roberta

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2011 02:07 pm
@Sturgis,
Hey, Sturgis, I gotta listen to other people kvetching? Here I can manage. I can be polite, interested, and civilized. I have time to think and react.

In person is another matter. My competitive juices start flowing, and we get a counter-kvetching situation. Not a pretty picture.

BTW, wherever I am is the Kvetching Zone. And thanks for the high praise.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2011 05:54 pm
I ordered a bunch stuff from FreshDirect. (I forgave them for their last glitch.)

The order arrived within the appointed hours.

Checked everything.

Where the hell are the Fudgicles? I know I ordered Fudgicles.

I checked the order slip. No Fudgicles. I forgot to click on, "Add to cart."

Pissed at me. I was looking forward to those Fudgicles.

Kvetching about myself. Getting careless. Missed the Fudgicles, of all things.

Gonna eat well tonight, except for my snack. Sigh.

ossobuco

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2011 06:46 pm
@Roberta,
I used to love fudgicles, so you have my ice cream sympathy.

I bought an ice cream maker from amazon a few years ago. Took me a while to face up to using it. Easy, it turned out, once I figured out how to connect the cheapo whacko device. (I say this as a snot, who followed expensive ice cream making devices when I was in my italy delirious days.)

I don't always have ingredients around, which involve relatively fresh milks, though never believe the recipes, you don't need serious cream, they lie.

This sounds exorbitant but was a joy when I plug the damned thing in.

I think you could get used to it, if you could nab an ice cream maker - but one needs the $48.00 in first place to buy the thing. Or a really good eye at goodwill.
I don't say this to taunt, but just in case you run across one.
Perhaps you have friends who don't want to pish with their ice cream maker any more.

I make a really good chocolate ice cream, courtesy of a website where I skip a lot, and use only baking cocoa.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2011 11:14 pm
osso, You're an adventurer in the kitchen. Not me. I like the idea of your making ice cream for yourself. Can't see it happening for me.

I'm reneging on my previous kvetch in which I was pissed off at me. Two more things missing from the order. I couldn't have missed them all. In fact, I know I didn't. I can only assume that what I wanted was out of stock. I wasn't charged for what I didn't get, so I'm gonna sulk in silence. Not worth a full-blown kvetch---

except to say that my dinner plans were turned upside down a bit. Not easy to make the kind of salad I wanted without lettuce. Enjoyed the meal anyway.
dlowan

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2011 11:45 pm
@Roberta,
Grrrrrrrrrrrr......couldn't they say in the order what they couldn't supply? Save you finding out later.
Roberta

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2011 01:12 am
@dlowan,
I thought of this. But I wouldn't have known till it got here. I didn't look at the order copy until after the fact.

I had whole shrimp with cucumber and tomato (no lettuce). Fresh lemon. Italian bread and butter.

Made a delicious cocktail sauce. Had just enough white horse radish to get the sauce good. Dunked everything in the sauce.

What's to kvetch?

Did I just say that? Yes, I did.
dlowan

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2011 01:15 am
@Roberta,
So print it and frame it already.

This is a moment we should keep for history! A mitzvah!

Roberta

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2011 01:18 am
@dlowan,
A steenkin' miracle.
dlowan

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2011 02:18 am
@Roberta,
Smells great to moi.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2011 09:52 am
For most of my life, sleeping was not an issue. I'd lie down and fall asleep. Sometimes I wouldn't get enough sleep. Sometimes I'd get too much sleep. But I always fell asleep!

Not any more. Sometimes I do, and sometimes I don't. Today I don't. Yes, it's almost noon, and I'm still up.

Tired. If I'm tired, why can't I sleep? This insomnia business sucks big time.
Roberta

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2011 12:47 pm
@Roberta,
Still up--and snarling.

http://i13.stockmediaserver.com/smsimg6/TH170/purestock/1574R-04887.jpg