Why do atheist try to convert Christians

reasoning logic

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2011 02:38 pm
@Arella Mae,
Quote:
For a Christian it is all about God and others, not about themselves.

Do you think that serving God and others makes a christian feel good about him/herself, does this bring joy to ones self?
Arella Mae

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2011 02:50 pm
@reasoning logic,
If someone does that just to make themselves feel good then it wasn't about others in the first place.......it's about them.
eurocelticyankee

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2011 03:05 pm
Arella Mae

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2011 03:12 pm
@eurocelticyankee,
I really do find it rather sad when people think making fun of something that is sacred to someone is acceptable. I see no other reason for it than hatred and intolerance.
eurocelticyankee

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2011 03:19 pm
@Arella Mae,
I find it sad that you haven't got a sense of humour, did you even
listen to it. You sound like one of those fanatical Muslims, what
next a jihad on anybody who cracks a joke that you don't approve
of. You dare talk about intolerance, hypocrite. There was nothing
in that sketch that was offensive to a normal person, religious or not.
Arella Mae

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2011 03:24 pm
@eurocelticyankee,
I find absolutely nothing funny about mocking religion. I am sorry that you do. God is very important to me. I treat him with the utmost respect and would never use anything about him as the butt of any joke.

If you don't believe, then you don't believe. I have no problem with that. But mocking religion and one's God is not acceptable to me. I would not mock anyone or anything that you cared deeply about so why would you want to mock something I care deeply about?

It's a matter of common courtesy at the very least. I don't care to argue with you. You have obviously deemed me abnormal.
roger

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2011 03:24 pm
@eurocelticyankee,
Why not? They've had fatwahs over cartoons.
0 Replies

eurocelticyankee

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2011 03:36 pm
@Arella Mae,
Quote:
I find absolutely nothing funny about mocking religion.

That's your right, just as it is my right to make fun of what ever I want to.
Quote:
I am sorry that you do.

That is actually none of you business. You don't see me telling you what to
do or commenting on your religious beliefs, so what do you think gives you
the right to pass judgement on what I say or do.
Quote:
But mocking religion and one's God is not acceptable to me.

That's fine, don't do it so, but please just because you judge your standards
by your religious beliefs, that does not give you a divine right to impose them
on somebody else.
Quote:
It's a matter of common courtesy at the very least.

It's also common courtesy not to tell somebody their intolerant and
full of hatred because they don't believe what you do.
Arella Mae

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2011 03:40 pm
@eurocelticyankee,
I don't find you hateful or intolerant because you do not believe as I do. I find you hateful and intolerant because you do not extend the same to others. You seem to think it is perfectly fine for you to state your feelings but yet berate me for stating mine. As I said, I don't wish to argue with you. We both have stated how we view this and I think it is very clear and there is no need for further conversing.
eurocelticyankee

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2011 03:46 pm
@Arella Mae,
Quote:
You seem to think it is perfectly fine for you to state your feelings but yet berate me for stating mine

All I did Lady was post a sketch, a sketch that 99 out of a 100 religious
people would find funny and for that I'm hateful and intolerant. Hope
your God is more tolerant and understanding to you when you meet him/her.
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2011 03:50 pm
@Arella Mae,
Quote:
If someone does that just to make themselves feel good then it wasn't about others in the first place.......it's about them.

I think that a psychologist would agree with you but they may have a deeper understanding of what is taking place in the mind!
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2011 03:53 pm
@eurocelticyankee,
I truly apologize for saying anything. I did not mean to make you angry. If you do not understand that I revere God and the things of God then you do not understand. I am sorry but I find those that would mock the things of God or someone's beliefs hateful and intolerant. I can say that because I have done it myself in the past. I will never forget the day that I mocked a young muslim woman posting on A2K. When she poured her heart out to me about how could I mock something sacred to her it had a big impact on me. I find the mocking of one's beliefs no better than mocking someone that is mentally retarded. Please accept my apology for saying anything. I should have kept my mouth shut.
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2011 04:02 pm
@Arella Mae,
I may not agree with your religious beliefs but I do admire your efforts to be ethical.

If we would have put as much effort into being ethical as we have put into religious beliefs in the past thousands of years we may be living Jesus's prayer today! {Gods will done on earth as it is done in heaven}
Well it would not be a religious utopia but it might seem as haven when compared to the mores that society holds today!
0 Replies

eurocelticyankee

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2011 04:06 pm
@Arella Mae,
Miss Mae I honestly meant no offense with the sketch, I still
don't see anything offensive in it. I cant accept the comparison
between it and making fun of a person with special needs.
But to each their own. Now I might believe in a creator but I
have no time for organised religion, so I cant possible compare
a religious belief with somebody who is mentally handicapped.
I'm sorry but I cant.
But you are more than entitled to your beliefs and I wouldn't dare
pass judgement on you one way or the other for your beliefs, but
please don't expect me to live by them. I'll say no more.
Arella Mae

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2011 04:25 pm
@eurocelticyankee,
Thank you, that is very kind of you.
eurocelticyankee

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2011 04:30 pm
@Arella Mae,
Not at all Mam, you have a peaceful night now and once
again I honestly meant no offence.
Arella Mae

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2011 04:31 pm
@eurocelticyankee,
I believe you. Some topics we are more passionate about than others. Thank you for accepting my apology and we ended on a good note.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2011 05:21 pm
Is it possible that atheist and theist could use logic when considering morality? It seems that most advanced thinkers{in my opinion} have said {no} from my studies but I am not sure that this is true what do you think?
Arella Mae

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2011 05:40 pm
@reasoning logic,
Let me give you a little something to consider? IF God is all the bible says He is, then wouldn't it be very illogical to not do as He says?
BillRM

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2011 05:50 pm
@Arella Mae,
Quote:
Let me give you a little something to consider? IF God is all the bible says He is, then wouldn't it be very illogical to not do as He says?

If there existed an evil SOB god that the Christian bible painted in the old testament then the moral thing to do would be to resist and interfere with his actions and his agents as must as possible no matter how powerful he happen to be.

Thanks "god" however it is just an ugly fairy tale.

The belief in this fairy tale had done and is doing enough harm without there being such a god roaming around the universe.