humanity is more of a moral thing. We are humans because of our anatomy and body structure but humanity is more than that. It is more than just looking like human. It is following the values that good human beings have set and that differentiate us from animals. So humanity is more of a moral thing.
- Murderers / Rapists / Theives are all human.
- Sociopaths can't be said to hold morals (in the way most of society holds them), but are human.
- what is culturally good in one society can be culturally bad in another
- small primitive societies have many fewer/simpler rules than large modern societies
- most morals have exceptions to the rule (eg bad to kill - unless the other person is immediately trying to kill you)
Morals aren't what make us human.