Statratory rape??

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2011 08:10 pm
A while ago, I was with a person who was 5 years & 48 days older than me.. In Hawai'i, (or anywhere else I'm not sure) the legal age of consent is 16, I was 14..
Would I be able to get any justice off that seeing as by law, and definition, he did rape me (by definition twice)?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,639 • Replies: 6
No top replies

CalamityJane

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2011 08:14 pm
@MaliaLindsey,
Yes, by law it is statutory rape, however, did you consent to have sexual relations with this man? How long is "a while ago" and why are you considering only now to press charges against this man?
MaliaLindsey

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2011 08:19 pm
@CalamityJane,
1. yes & no
2. about 2 months ago
CalamityJane

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2011 08:59 pm
@MaliaLindsey,
Meaning yes you gave your consent and no you won't press charges?
Has he called off the relationship?
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2011 09:24 pm
@MaliaLindsey,
What do you mean by 'justice'? Or do you really mean 'revenge'? Why 2 months later? Why were you 'with' him in the first place? Did he rape you or were you willing? This smells.
maxdancona

Reply Thu 16 Jun, 2011 07:24 am
@Mame,
19 year old.

14 year old.

Mame, did you really mean that last post?
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Thu 16 Jun, 2011 07:30 am
@MaliaLindsey,
Malia,

What he did was a crime. You should get help. I would recommend getting help from a rape crisis center (which I am sure you could find in your area). They will likely be able to provide counseling with understanding. Google "rape crisis" and you will find who is in your area. They will take you seriously and give you all the help and support you need.

You could also go directly to the police. Given your ages, what he did will be considered a crime. The police will probably not give you the support or understanding that you need.

If there is another adult professional, a school counselor or your doctor for example. This will also be a good resource.

Taking care of yourself if the most important thing. I would suggest finding a agency in the area that can give you support. They will know how to handle the legal side of things, but taking care of you is far more important.

Don't worry. People will take this seriously, especially given your age. You can get support and help.
0 Replies