A NIGHT AT THE KINGS

Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2004 02:30 pm
It's Friday night, dark as we make our way along the road. We see the neon lights in the distance my mother telling us what was showing at the kings picture house. I hoped it would be a Jerry Lewis film.
My brother and I remember this wonderful place, with it's red carpets and film stars photos on the walls and the golden hand rails.
It was the late 1950s, my dad never liked the pictures, he liked a pint instead. Mother was the film fan ever since she was a young girl.
In my life my mother was the star, just like the stars in the sky, when we made our way home in the cold night full of talk of the film we had just seen.

That's the way I remember the good times, now it's me that's the film buff, she past it on to me. When there is a film quiz,my kids ask me for the answers.

As my friend I have known all my life always says that he remembers that she used to tell us stories by the coal fire. The kings is now just an old building, I have passed it many times and stopped and thought to myself,that was a place of dreams,no dvds in those days, i'm glad. Rolling Eyes
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 576 • Replies: 2
No top replies

joe1949

Reply Sun 18 Jan, 2004 07:22 pm
you seem to have fond memoires of the pictures
0 Replies

nells1961

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2004 08:35 am
thanks joe i do have