Chancellor Angela Merkel Just paid America a Visit, does anyone Care?

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2011 10:25 am
@revelette,
revelette wrote:

Wonder what happened to her? Surely she didn't get drunk from one little glass of whatever was in there?

I think she simply slipped on the shiny wood floor....(probably wearing new shoes).
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2011 10:25 am
@revelette,
That doesn't change the fact that Americans anticipate to have a different president and party elected in 2012.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2011 10:55 am
I don't get the sense that the Germans thought too much of Merkel's visit either. Bild, always with its finger on the pulse of Germany, properly focused on the biggest issue: what did Thomas Gottschalk think of it all?
CalamityJane

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2011 12:03 pm
@joefromchicago,
Oh, I didn't realize that he was invited too - as well as Juergen Klinsman (soccer). Bild knows everything Laughing
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2011 03:27 pm
@djjd62,
Just heard Mark McEwan (celeb chef) on the CBC radio saying almost the same thing about the G20. He said "that's what aircraft carriers are for, isn't it".
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2011 06:50 pm
@CalamityJane,
CalamityJane wrote:

I actually agree with Foofie here!

Let's be honest. The German immigrants that came to the U.S.A. was a blessing, in that not every ethnic group contributes with the same set of aptitudes.

0 Replies