Why does McAffy start downloading updates every time I go online from zero percent?

Sat 4 Jun, 2011 05:13 pm
When McAffy is downloading updates on my computer, if I go offline, (I have only one phone line, and sometimes I have to---), the next time I go online McAffy starts the downloading all over again, from zero. My computer is quite slow, and when McAffy is downloading, other websites will come in VERY slowly, so I cannot work on my computer. My question is this: Is it possible that McAffy would save what it already downloaded, and when I am online the next time, it would continue the downloading from that percent, where it left of, and would not start it all over again from zero?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 1,154 • Replies: 1
Topic Closed
No top replies

Butrflynet

Sat 4 Jun, 2011 07:39 pm
@Graymousey,
I know the feeling. I endured a slow computer and dial up modem connection for many years when others were speeding along on broadband. What I did was leave it on overnight and let updates download while I was sleeping and not using either the phone or the computer.
0 Replies