Did I ever show you my pussies?

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2011 10:16 am
@shewolfnm,
lincolns head is darker than flash's.. but they have the same gray and black markings. gaaah. kitties are wonderful Smile
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2011 06:46 pm
I picked up Lincoln today. He’s being put back in the entertainment center on one of ths shelves. His urn matches his blue cat dish.

I miss Lincoln!

ossobuco

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2011 07:07 pm
@jcboy,
I have Pacco's ashes in an urnlike thing that was given to me as a gift years ago. Just a ceramic jar with lid. I'd have buried him long ago, except that this land of hot sand is so wrong for him, dog of Wales and CA north coast; he used to like to run and play by the cold cold sea.
I shoulda brought him (as it were) with me when I last went to california, but that would have been weird at the time, even if I had thought of it.

Funny, ex and I and others used to snark about an elderly neighbor who wanted her cat buried with her. She was the one who got the bongo drummer back by taking a big spoon to one of her cooking pots.. we were unsympathetic since we liked the guy and his occasional drumming on a sunday afternoon.

jcboy

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2011 08:54 pm
@ossobuco,
My mom’s best friend Janice had a cat that lived to the ripe old age of 19 and she had her’s cremated as well.

I just couldn’t see having Lincoln disposed of, this way he is still home where he belongs.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2011 09:11 pm
@jcboy,
I get that.

CinQue (the mom) was kidnapped, not in October. She was a prepossessing cat when not sat upon.
Spackle, her son, was buried in our yard.
Rascal died via the veterinary thing.

Spackle on top, mom CinQue on the bottom -
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v722/ossobuco/spackleandcinque018.jpg?t=1255732075

Rascal in a planter pot from Rosarita, Baja. She was born in a closet at Harvey's, a guy I sometimes talk about, teacher of my husband.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v722/ossobuco/Rascalinthepot019.jpg
jcboy

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2011 09:18 pm
@ossobuco,
Awe makes me want to get another one, but I don't think I can, I still have Dewy.

Not sure I can go through that again.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2011 09:40 pm
@jcboy,
I can't, since I was wildly allergic to cats, and when we remodeled after Rascal died, I got better. But I still love cats. My neighbor's cat comes over to see the catnip and me.

I was also somewhat though not as much allergic to dogs, but never much to the pacc, for whatever reason. Maybe he was antiallergenic as a corgi. People say poodles are not allergenic, but several of my biggo episodes were re poodles in someone's home.

I suspect it's good Antonio has been exposed to dogs and cats early on..
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 30 Dec, 2011 07:56 am
@ossobuco,
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!
jcboy

Reply Sat 31 Dec, 2011 10:48 am
@dlowan,
I put Lincoln in the entertainment center between the two fish.

http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/858/urnd.jpg
dlowan

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2012 01:20 am
@jcboy,
I've never seen the point of keeping ashes.....but that's a lovely jar. Maybe I need to rethink.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Sat 14 Apr, 2012 08:02 pm
I’ve closed a chapter in my life one that was part of my life for over 16 years. My mom’s other cat Dewy pasted away this evening. I had a feeling this would be Dewy’s last year but I thought he would make it a few more months.

The end of an era.
Ragman

Reply Sat 14 Apr, 2012 08:04 pm
@jcboy,
My sympathy on your loss. I had 2 cats that made it all the way to age 19.5 and 17.5 yrs respectively. Any cat that makes it past 15 or 16 yrs is doing great. Isn't it amazing how pets fill our lives with such joy?!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 14 Apr, 2012 08:15 pm
@jcboy,
Awwwwwwww......hugs from me. It's so hard losing them, and all the history that goes with them.

Butrflynet

Reply Sat 14 Apr, 2012 08:22 pm
@jcboy,
Oh, poor Dewy. Sounds like he had a good long life.

How did he get the name Dewy?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 14 Apr, 2012 08:24 pm
@jcboy,
Aw from here too.

I think I knew it already but I didn't have pets of my own until I was in my thirties.
Now I very much connect the pets with what was going on in my life - our lives together - and in most cases, other people's lives that I didn't ever know as they were generally rescues. In retrospect, I connect to the pets of my parents too. Even Sally, the english setter, and Little, the irish setter, that died before I was born. Sally is in a favorite photo of my father in my hallway now.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 14 Apr, 2012 09:07 pm
@jcboy,
Oh, I am so sorry for your loss, jcboy. I know how hard it is to let go of
our friends who have been with us through thick and thin, never judging, always loving and being there when you need them. Dewy had a good life
with you and although this is little consolation for you right now, in time
it will give you peace. It's so painful, but we're suckers and do it all over again......
0 Replies

thack45

Reply Sat 14 Apr, 2012 09:28 pm
@dlowan,
indeed. little furry timelines... no matter the ride, they're always along for it

sorry to hear about Dewy jc
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 15 Apr, 2012 03:17 am
@jcboy,
I'm really sorry to hear that, jc.
Had s/he been ill for a while?
I hope it was a gentle, pain-free death.
jcboy

Reply Sun 15 Apr, 2012 07:39 am
Thank you all very much.

Dewy will be cremated as well. I’ve decided not to keep the ashes. Once we bring Dewy back home the next time we are out on the bay we will sprinkle their ashes together.

I have a story about Dewy, about six months after my mom passed away dewy ate part of a poisonous houseplant and became violently ill. My dad and I took him into the animal hospital. The next day the Vet called and said Dewy was dieing, his internal organs were shutting down. Well I didn’t want to go see him if he was dieing so I waited another day then my father said I had to go see him.

Well we walked into the room and Dewy was in a cage lying down with an IV in his leg. I walked up to his cage and said Hi Dewy, he immediately stood up and came to the front of the cage and meowed at me. The Vet said “well I guess you can take him home now”.

He lived another 11 years.
jcboy

Reply Sun 15 Apr, 2012 10:32 am
@msolga,
Dewy was losing weight quickly the last two months. The Vet said Dewy was just getting old.

I found this old photo. Must have been ten years ago because this is my Dad’s den.

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg850/scaled.php?server=850&filename=pdrm0209.jpg&res=landing
0 Replies