Did I ever show you my pussies?

MMarciano

Reply Thu 22 Dec, 2011 08:59 pm
@ehBeth,
Yes he is. Morgan held his cat as the vet put him to sleep, he’s a mess tonight.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 22 Dec, 2011 09:02 pm
@ehBeth,
Damn.

The only time I remember my husband and me with tears running down our faces together was when Spackle died.

Just be.

Just be.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Thu 22 Dec, 2011 09:05 pm
@MMarciano,
So sorry to read that. My sympathies to Morgan. About 4 yrs ago I also had kitty losses. I had 2 cats, Bonkers and Sugar (Meshuganeh), who made it to 19.5 and 17.5 yrs. They passed on within 3 months of one another. There's a special place reserved in my heart that is theirs and theirs alone.

I'm sure that you made your cat's life a happy one.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2011 04:35 am
@MMarciano,
I'm very sorry to hear that, Marco.
A terribly sad thing to have to do, I know.
Aw, poor ol pussy cat!
Poor ol Morgan. Sad
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2011 05:31 am
We said goodbye to Lincoln last night

I was twelve years old when my mom found this cute little kitten on Lincoln Avenue. She was trying to pick a name for him so I suggested why don’t call him Lincoln. The first night in his new home Lincoln got sick. We took him to the vet the next day and were told he had internal parasites and a respiratory infection and since he was so young the vet told us not to get out hopes up because Lincoln had a slim chance of making it.

Well we gave him his medication three times a day for seven days and Lincoln was fine. He had many respiratory infections throughout the years.

The last couple of weeks Lincoln’s health had been failing. He seemed to be deteriorating a little each day.

Last night Lincoln was having a hard time breathing so we took him into the animal hospital, it was time to say goodbye to Lincoln. The sick little kitten I helped nurse back to health survived it 16 years.

So we stayed with Lincoln when the vet gave him the shot and held him until he went to sleep for the last time. I will miss Lincoln.

The last photo of Lincoln under my first Christmas tree.

http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/2425/lincolntree.jpg
dlowan

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2011 05:32 am
@MMarciano,
Awwwww......that's such a hard time. Hugs to all of you.

And what a beautiful cat he grew up into!!!

You gave him 16 years of happy life when he almost died as a kitten. That's something. Sounds as though you and your mother are peas in a pod with the animal loving?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2011 08:24 am
@jcboy,
Aw, I'm sorry for your loss.

That looks like a contented kitty. You gave him a lovely life.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2011 05:12 pm
Thank you for the kind words. Lincoln is going to be cremated. After work I went down and picked out a little urn, next week we will bring him home where he belongs.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2011 05:17 pm
@jcboy,
So very sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you all.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2011 05:55 pm
I'm sorry for your loss, but glad that Lincoln's life was such a happy one. And you gave him a tree (inside the house!!!) to enjoy for his last few weeks! For a cat, it doesn't get much better than that!
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2011 07:21 pm
Sorry to hear about Lincoln. You have my sympathy.
0 Replies

Aldistar

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2011 07:22 pm
So sorry to hear about Lincoln. I know it's hard. Hugs to you!
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2011 10:06 pm
It's hard to say good buy to our 4-legged children, and it doesn't get any easier. Being there for him until the end is a very brave thing to do and that's the least we can give them for all the love we received throughout the years - nonetheless it's so darn painful. My thoughts are with you, jcboy!
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Sat 24 Dec, 2011 02:19 pm
Thanks again, Lincoln had a good long happy life. I knew this day was coming but it’s still hard. I found this picture on my phone. I took it on Tuesday so this is the last one of Lincoln. He always liked hiding in the entertainment center behind the TV, he was happy there.

http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/4996/lincolnxmas.jpg
ossobuco

Reply Sat 24 Dec, 2011 03:54 pm
@jcboy,
A great last photo.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2011 10:06 am
@jcboy,
i didnt think you were old enough to have a gray pussy.. wow
jcboy

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2011 10:09 am
@shewolfnm,
lol that is Dewy, I had two pussy's, Dewy was found on the Mexican border. Dewy is getting old as well but still plays like a kitten.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2011 10:12 am
@jcboy,
Lincoln looks like my cat Flash Gordon.
Flash gordon was absolutely MY BOY.

he was a little kitten outside our apt building and he saw me once.. followed me up the stairs and into y apt.
Cute.. cute.. we petted him for a bit, then put him back outside thinking he belonged to someone.

That boy stayed at my door for days.
I let him back in ONCE and he played again, and feel asleep in jillians bed. I picked him up again and tried to take him out of her room. I shut the door and he started screaming. Jumped out of my arms and clawed at her door like he was on fire..

He stayed.
He never ever ever left my side or hers. Didnt like my ex so much Wink

He would kiss me all the time, especially when I was asleep. Would talk and talk and talk. I loved that boy. He was such a 'frat boy' .

One day after I moved to my new condo some other boy cat was marking the front door and Flash was pissed. Mind you, this boy would bite people who got near me if he didnt know them. .. and that other cat was just too much.

I opened the door and out of no where he just bolted off in an attempt to get that cat away from HIS door.

he was hit by a car.
That was just a bit over 1 year ago, just before last christmas.

Not the same as having him put down, but that loss is too much. I can not and will not have another cat after that.

I get what you are going through, and I hope you get through it easily.
* big hug *
jcboy

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2011 10:14 am
@shewolfnm,
Thank you honey, you're very kind. It hasn't been easy, I miss that cat, he was part of my family.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2011 10:15 am
https://fbcdn-photos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/179824_10150153308016753_676671752_7922367_1663777_a.jpg

they look A LOT a like

( this is flash's zombie kitty pose )