Money rules the world...

Cyracuz

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2011 08:59 am
...But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such government, and to provide new guards for their future security...

What if the despot is money? Kind of fits.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 3,943 • Replies: 18
No top replies

Fido

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2011 10:25 am
@Cyracuz,
Cyracuz wrote:

...But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such government, and to provide new guards for their future security...

What if the despot is money? Kind of fits.
Not exactly... Government is a form, and money is a form, and economy is a form... Marriage is a form as well... These are all social forms created on the basis of some moral form, or forms... There are physical forms which science deals with... An atom is a form... Gas or liquid or solid or plasma are forms of matter, which is also a form... All ideas are forms and all forms are forms of relationship... So what you are talking about is a common point between money and government since a government stands behind its money and lives or dies by it... Conterfeiting was treason in England, and justly so, but in our country it is considered quite natural for the government to debase the currency which robs from all people rather than tax the only people who can afford it... Henry the Eighth added lead to his gold to spend better than he took in, until he was made to take it out again by his lords... The gains of inflation are short, and the misery it causes are long... It is the road to bankruptcy, which is the cause of revolution, and this has everywhere been the case in modern times... Like all social forms, money exists on trust... If the money becomes the means by which people are dispossessed they will some day settle accounts... Look at what we pay in interest which the government could manage just by managing inflation... The government loans to the very bankers who loan to it that it refuses to tax though it is justice... Instead, the government and all the citizens are forced to rely on credit since neither has any fair income, and virtually nothing good or bad can happen in society short of some one loaning on it, and reaping a profit on it... So it is a tyranny, but Lincoln said (8/171858, Lincoln Douglas Debates )in reference to the Declaration of Independence, that prosperty breeds tyrants... He looked to the declaration as a beacon to remind us of our human rights, which I trust were also revolution... What tyranny could be worse than being owned on every side by the banks, and even having your protection from injustice, your government owned as well... People pay for years on their homes and lose in the space of a few months all their equity... Bubbles are built on speculation and crushed by fear; and the fear is justified since this country and most of the world is already bled white by capitalism and finance... It is revolution time... Granny grab your gun...
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2011 10:37 am
Money rules the world...

Yeah . . .

So?
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2011 10:44 am
@Cyracuz,
Madness rules the world... So???

It is nothing but paper with numbers on it... Only our trust in it makes it legal tender... Look at the price of gasoline... Do you think it takes that much more to pump, transport, refine, and have??? The gasoline is not worth more... The money is worth less... And if we suddenly decide it is so, or lose our faith in it, then it will be totally worthless...
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2011 11:03 am
@Cyracuz,
Money, as an economics textbook will tell you, is a medium of exchange, a unit of account, and a store of value. Sure, you can throw it off if you find it tyrannical---but what "new government" do you want to institute in its place? How else do you suggest we exchange, measure, and store economic value?
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2011 12:03 pm
We need revolution Wink
0 Replies

Pamela Rosa

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2011 12:35 pm
Those who rule the money, rule the world.
Fido

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2011 01:27 pm
@Pamela Rosa,
Pamela Rosa wrote:

Those who rule the money, rule the world.
Only because others attach meaning to that form.... But meaning is a shared quality, a value... When only a hand full of people have all the money it will reach a point one day of being the most deparately sought after thing, and just as suddenly all the meaning will go out of it... For it to have meaning/value; everyone has to have some, but the process of devaluation is just one way rich people have of ending up with all the money and all the wealth and leaving the rest of humanity out in the cold.... If they have all the property, what should property mean to the rest, and why should anyone support their rights to it... If they have all the money, and increasingly turn all the money to paper in order to force people to invest or watch their money disappear slowly, or invest, and watch their money disappear over night... Should you sell what you have today for money that is becoming worthless by the second, or sell tomorrow for dollars that can buy even less... Money is a weapon in class warfare only because when they shoot us with it, we roll over and play dead, because we think we are dead until we become dead... Yet; the game is within our power... They need us to give value to their paper... They need us to work for it, and fight for it, and to kill for it... It is all confederate currency... There is nothing behind it... It is inflated, full of air... It is just paper with numbers and dead presidents... It is a commodity like any other, but the rich can get theirs cheap and loan it dear, and that makes them all the more rich and powerful.... How is the world going to act when they learn that what we have all given our lives for is nothing but an excuse for being dispossessed and poor... Money is manupulated and we are manipulated with money... The game is up...
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2011 04:27 pm
Greed rules the dark side of this world.
0 Replies

melisawilson

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2011 01:46 am
@Cyracuz,
Yes it does! for it (the world) is not God's kingdom and satin rules it. He is a greedy soul and is self obsessed.
Thomas

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2011 06:10 am
@melisawilson,
Satin rules the world? I didn't know the world has so much fashion sense!
Fido

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2011 06:37 am
@melisawilson,
melisawilson wrote:

Yes it does! for it (the world) is not God's kingdom and satin rules it. He is a greedy soul and is self obsessed.
Doesn't your guinne pig need his pampers changed or something... Hypothetically; if it were possible to prove what you presume true, then where would you begin???

Look ma'am... I do not mind acting for the sake of civility as though God exists since I have as little hope of proving he does not exist as you have of proving he does... But if I accept God, like the God of the old testiment, then there is certainly the presumption that God is all, and all powerful; and that the Devil is some remnant of an older form of belief, from paganism... I have noticed that I do not need a reason to be rotton, and that reasons to be rotton are always at hand... Whether that reason be money, which you notice the churches and church people crave as well as any one, or whether the reason be otherwise, it is the choice of each person whether to pick it up, and dust it off, and plug it into their lives... If God gives life to us, then we give life to the devils that plague us... We don't need them in our lives... They need us if they exist at all...
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2011 09:13 am
@Thomas,
Thomas wrote:

Satin rules the world? I didn't know the world has so much fashion sense!

Satin is awful.

Satan?

Well, I guess Satan didn't get to write the book.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2011 09:17 am
@Thomas,
At one time it was the silk trade, but today it's polyester, so I've heard.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2011 09:20 am
Nights in White Satan

0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2011 12:43 pm
On the subject of Satan... A stand up comedian brought up the point once that all the bad things we know about the devil come from the bible. The bible is God's book, and I am not aware of the devil having put out a book. So this is whats going on. God and the devil are having an argument. God is saying all kinds of **** about the devil in his book. But Satan is being a bigger man in all this, not even commenting on all the slander God comes with... Wink
Fido

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2011 01:37 pm
@Cyracuz,
Cyracuz wrote:

On the subject of Satan... A stand up comedian brought up the point once that all the bad things we know about the devil come from the bible. The bible is God's book, and I am not aware of the devil having put out a book. So this is whats going on. God and the devil are having an argument. God is saying all kinds of **** about the devil in his book. But Satan is being a bigger man in all this, not even commenting on all the slander God comes with... Wink
Without the debil, we have no excuse for why bad things happen to good people... It is all so crass in the Bible, as when Satan and God play with Job's life on a bet... What kind of God knowing all and having all puts a fruit tree he does not want anyone to violate right in some ones neighborhood so they can violate it when he can put it anywhere??? God put people on the path to knowledge but blames the devil for their ignorance... The tree must have been the tree of half knowledge, the sweet part of knowledge... People with half knowledge destroy the world and the people in it... Knowledge without understanding is a curse...And who are we to blame some fictitious spirit when we are only doing what we think we want to do... It is as though to prove we have free will that we must act contrary to our own self interest because if we were created by God doing his will, then we could not do otherwise...
Cyracuz

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2011 02:37 pm
@Fido,
As I see it that story is a metaphor. It outlines a development in broad strokes, and modern theories can give us insight into interpreting this metaphor in such a way that it gives us a sense of how the people of ancient times thought when they used this tale to explain their origins. Later on the church took this story and exploited it to exploit people, to introduce original sin so that they had everyone by the balls.

I bet that if we could find some manuscripts of this story that predate christianity and the church they would be slightly different. No original sin, no evil devil who turned god against man by tricking them into eating the fruit...
Fido

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2011 03:46 pm
@Cyracuz,
Cyracuz wrote:

As I see it that story is a metaphor. It outlines a development in broad strokes, and modern theories can give us insight into interpreting this metaphor in such a way that it gives us a sense of how the people of ancient times thought when they used this tale to explain their origins. Later on the church took this story and exploited it to exploit people, to introduce original sin so that they had everyone by the balls.

I bet that if we could find some manuscripts of this story that predate christianity and the church they would be slightly different. No original sin, no evil devil who turned god against man by tricking them into eating the fruit...
Well; there is a lot of humanity in that story... People once looked on all natural forces as spirits, some better, and some worse but with none of them having our interests in their fore... As natural forces became humanized, anthropomorphized, people began to think that they like humans could be swayed with pleading and gifts, but this is really to make gods small, and to bring them down to earth, and make them do our bidding...

Now, it is a very logical contrivance, to make all the gods one God; but in this man only turned back the time to an earlier day when his original conception of nature was one thing, out to get him, undifferentiated power... But having this one God was hardly an explanation for the human condition which is good and bad, and does not reflect the virtue of a person, or his amount of sacrifice to God, which with God being pure conception is purely worthless waste... So back comes a god of nature, one represented variously as animals, the beast, and refelecting that side of our nature, the real and unspiritual... And to that god, what we give is what we get... Fairness might be his middle name... But what every HE is, which I expect is fabrication, he explains more about us than we could ever know about him... We do not invent but what we need, God to keep us from fear and lonliness, and satan to keep us from dwelling on the unfairness of it all... We need some one to blame, and the devil will do as well as the dog, but it is really us and all we will never control...
0 Replies