electrical wiring

geexoxo

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2004 09:50 am
I am writing a paper for a friend as a favor about electrical wiring which I do not have a clue about. Can anyone explain the sequence of operation for two & three wire controls? If you cannot explain it, can you refer me to a website which will give me all the text information I need? Thanks so much!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,384 • Replies: 4
No top replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2004 01:49 pm
Welcome to A2K, geexoxo. I don't know much about electrical wiring, so I just do the simple stuff like replacing lighting fixtures and switches. Other than that, a professional electrician does it. Better safe than sorry; a burnt down home is not worth the risk.
0 Replies

rhymer

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2004 04:09 pm
Wiring
Hi geexoxo,

I was an electrical enginner, and as well as welcoming you to the site I would like to congratulate you for asking for help.

Since you know little about wiring mains supplies, I sincerely suggest your friend finds someone who can describe the method of wiring along with all the precautions necessary to avoid disasters which can occur.

The task is quite simple really; it takes only a few minutes, but I know that it can cost a lot of money to get the right man in.

If you do find instructions on the web, make sure your friend fully understands the principles involved. They are not hard, but need to be understood.

Best regards, Bill.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2004 05:14 pm
When we had our kitchen remodel done a few years ago, they had to rewire almost everything in the house, and it cost us over $3,000 just to meet city codes. The electricians put in another larger control box outside. I'm sure the principles are easy, but I'd rather not take any chances, and hire a professional to install all the wires.
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2004 11:40 am
electrical wiring
You could try www.ehow.com or www.google.com.
0 Replies