8 audible alarms?

Chumly

Reply Thu 26 May, 2011 10:19 pm
What's a really cheap way to get 8 audible alarms all of which turn off after about 5 seconds?

07:30 start alarm 1
09:15 - 09:30 break alarm 2 & 3
11:00 - 11:30 lunch alarm 4 & 5
1:00 - 1:15 break alarm 6 & 7
02:15 finish alarm 8

I thought perhaps an older used Palm (or something) might be able to do this but I am not sure.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 996 • Replies: 8
No top replies

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 26 May, 2011 10:27 pm
@Chumly,
"cheap" is relative so I don't know if the price is something you'd consider affordable. It only has 6 alarm settings but perhaps that's enough.

Check out this wrist watch:

http://www.almedatime.com/

Quote:
- Easy Multiple Alarm Settings (up to 6 per day) with visible confirmation. ⇒ - Perfect for important reminders: MEDICATION, appointments, dates, TV shows etc.
- Vibrating Alarm is silent and does not disturb nor alert anybody around wearer.

http://www.almedatime.com/images/mainanatomyofthewatch.jpg
Chumly

Reply Thu 26 May, 2011 10:29 pm
@Butrflynet,
Googling watches is not going to get me what I want alas...but thanks though! I've already Googled an 8 alarm watch for example but again it not what I want price- wise thus the reference to older Palms which do have freeware that can do this (it seems)...unconfimired as I do not own a Palm as of yet and simply Goolging does not confirm applicability
Butrflynet

Reply Thu 26 May, 2011 10:32 pm
@Chumly,
This is an onlime clock with multiple alarm settings and snooze intervals:

http://www.csgnetwork.com/timemultialarmclock.html

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 26 May, 2011 10:33 pm
@Chumly,
How about some more specifics as to how you want to use it?

Is this something you want on a mobile phone application? Something you want to use on a laptop?
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Thu 26 May, 2011 10:35 pm
@Butrflynet,
No more Googling on my behalf please & thanks. If you have direct experience with my intent, that would be wonderful though!
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Thu 26 May, 2011 11:00 pm
I do not want to use a PC (too unwieldy) I'm thinking an old Palm (or other old PDA) with freeware as mentioned in my first post.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Thu 26 May, 2011 11:18 pm
@Chumly,
Aren't you the electrician? Aren't you a teacher who teaches this stuff?
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Fri 27 May, 2011 12:43 am
Do I teach how to use PDA's? Nopes

Do I teach how to use freeware applications that install on PDA's? Nopes

Do electricians get taught about PDA's during their apprenticeship? Nopes

Do electricians get taught about freeware applications that install on PDA's during their apprenticeship? Nopes.

Do electricians get taught about specialized alarm systems during their apprenticeship? Yeps.

Is there consequential in-context correlation between the freeware applications that install on PDA's and the specialized alarm systems as taught during an electrician's apprenticeship? Nopes.

Is there consequential in-context correlation between the hardware PDA's themselves and the specialized alarm systems as taught during an electrician's apprenticeship? Nopes.

Would I have bothered to post if I already had direct hands-on in-context experience with the hardware PDA's themselves? Um...I'll let you figure that one out.

Would I have bothered to post if I already had direct hands-on in-context experience with multi-alarm applications that install on PDA's? Um...I'll let you figure that one out too.
0 Replies