Reply Sun 22 May, 2011 06:49 am
Ryan Giggs is an incredibly talented footballer. He's still playing for Manchester United despite being 38 years old. Many footballers retire about 35. I certainly can't think of any other reasons to discuss Ryan Giggs. What do you think?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,795 • Replies: 19
No top replies

lmur

Reply Sun 22 May, 2011 06:52 am
@izzythepush,
Well. he's a devoted family man, I hear. Not that I normally care for such affairs.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 22 May, 2011 06:55 am
@lmur,
As well as his devotion to his family, he used to suffer racial abuse as a child because his father is black, not that you'd think it to look at Ryan.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 22 May, 2011 07:18 am
@izzythepush,
Whenever I've seen him interviewed he always appears very calm and dignified. You never read about him in the papers unlike 'Granny Shagger' Wayne.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 23 May, 2011 12:30 pm
John Hemming has just announced in the House of Commons, under parliamentary privilege that Ryan Giggs is the footballer having an affair with the former BB contestant, so now I can post this without any worries. He should never have bothered with all this injunction bollocks. If the papers had printed the story we'd all have forgotten about it by now.
0 Replies

JRathbone97

Reply Wed 6 Mar, 2013 04:51 am
@izzythepush,
Ryan Giggs is one of the best players to put on a Manchester United jersey, he played his 1000th game for the club last night and is considered one of their best players in the clubs history. He has scored goals in crucial moments like the goal against Bayern Munich in the champion’s league final in May 1999. He has made 68 caps for wales in his international career and scored 13 goals. He also played in the 2012 London Olympic Games for wales where they got knocked out at the Millennium stadium to North Korea on penalties. He played for Manchester City as a youth before Sir Alex Ferguson turning up at his house on his 16th birthday to sign for the reds. I feel that he is regarded as one of the best players of his generation and as widely considered an inspiration to a lot of young children and a lot of kids these days still look up to him as an idol.
0 Replies

Peter Gullick

Reply Wed 6 Mar, 2013 04:54 am
@izzythepush,
he is the msot loyal player manchester united have had.
rhys96

Reply Wed 6 Mar, 2013 04:59 am
@lmur,
Giggs has done wrong in the past but he should be recognized as a great footballer and not a cheat hes just played his 1000 game for Manchester united this is a massive for him he is an incredibly talented footballer he is getting towards the end of his career and should not be recognized for what he has done wrong but for the incredible career and fantastic contribution he has put in to world football he is also a role model for young footballers and although what he has done was bad referring to him in this way could have an effect on the children that look up to him he is 38 years old and is still playing football this is a big achivement and he most probebly will continue his career for another season or two
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 6 Mar, 2013 05:01 am
@Peter Gullick,
Welcome to A2K lads, have you just been googling Man U? Last night's decision was a shocker.

Btw, this is a really old thread, and was more concerned with the way celebrities hide behind superinjunctions than Gigg's footballing abilities. I think the superinjunction was a mistake, because people remember him as much for his attempts to gag the press as they do for his talent as a footballer.
rhys96

Reply Wed 6 Mar, 2013 05:01 am
@lmur,
Giggs has done wrong in the past but he should be recognized as a great footballer and not a cheat hes just played his 1000 game for Manchester united this is a massive for him he is an incredibly talented footballer he is getting towards the end of his career and should not be recognized for what he has done wrong but for the incredible career and fantastic contribution he has put in to world football he is also a role model for young footballers and although what he has done was bad referring to him in this way could have an effect on the children that look up to him he is 38 years old and has played all of his career at one club he is one of the most comited players that has lived and is a great idol to young children
izzythepush

Reply Wed 6 Mar, 2013 05:15 am
@rhys96,
rhys96 wrote:
hes just played his 1000 game for Manchester united this is a massive for him he is an incredibly talented footballer he is getting towards the end of his career and should not be recognized for what he has done wrong but for the incredible career and fantastic contribution he has put in to world football

This thread was pretty much dead and buried almost two years ago before you dug it up, and jogged our collective memories about his infidelity and use of superinjunctions.
0 Replies

lmur

Reply Wed 6 Mar, 2013 05:30 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Welcome to A2K lads, have you just been googling Man U? Last night's decision was a shocker.

We'll have to agree to disagree on that although I dare say my irrational antipathy towards all things Man U might colour my opinions somewhat. Wellbeck should have been sent off for diving and Evra deserves a lifetime ban just for being French.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 6 Mar, 2013 05:46 am
@lmur,
Only somewhat, I'm no fan of Manchester United either. I'm not upset about them getting kicked out, but I'd rather Nani hadn't been sent off. Then again Man U tend to benefit from controversial refereeing decisions in the premiership, so it could be put down to karma.
0 Replies

gazdavies1234

Reply Fri 8 Mar, 2013 06:51 am
@izzythepush,
Ryan Giggs is a good role model for young children playing football in Wales. He reached a historic mark in the Champions League match against Real Madrid last night. The start with Manchester United will give him his 1,000 career appearance. He reaches the 1,000-appearance mark thanks to his many years playing with the Welsh national team. He also played in the 2012 London Olympic Games for wales where they got knocked out at the Millennium stadium to North Korea on penalties. He played for Manchester City as a youth before Sir Alex Ferguson turning up at his house on his 16th birthday to sign for the reds. This gives young teenagers inspirational dreams and he should be recognized more because he is one of the best players in his generation. Yes I agree that Ryan Giggs has done badly in his personal life but that doesn’t affect how much of a good and class football player he is individually. He has made 68 caps for wales in his international career and scored 13 goals.
0 Replies

cai Naylon

Reply Mon 11 Mar, 2013 05:47 am
@Peter Gullick,
its spelld most mate, and i agree he is a deturmand motavated player in every games gives his all
0 Replies

Jack Davidson

Reply Mon 11 Mar, 2013 05:59 am
@izzythepush,
FP ryan giggs is most probably the best manchester united player of all time, hes a legendary footballer and a very dedicated family member and a motivated football player, not only for Man U but for Wales as well.
0 Replies

cai Naylon

Reply Mon 11 Mar, 2013 06:01 am
@izzythepush,
ryan giggs is not motavated to his country,?
well ryan giggs has stopped playing for his country wich shows he not determand and not loyal why would you stop representing your country, anyone else agree ?
Jack Davidson

Reply Mon 11 Mar, 2013 06:03 am
@cai Naylon ,
YOUR WRONG! hes very motivated. and he stopped playing for Wales because hes to old for international football
0 Replies

Jack Davidson

Reply Mon 11 Mar, 2013 06:12 am
@izzythepush,
Giggs made his first appearance for the club during the 1990–91 season and has been a regular player since the 1991–92 season. He established himself as a left winger during the 1990s, and continued in this position well into the 2000s, though he has been increasingly used in a deeper playmaking role in his latter years. Giggs is known for his tireless running, ball possession and ability to create goalscoring opportunities for those around him.Giggs is the most decorated player in English football historyHe was the first player in history to win two consecutive PFA Young Player of the Year awards (1992 and 1993), though he did not win the PFA Player of the Year award until 2009. He is the only player to have played and scored in every season of the Premier League. At international level, Giggs played for the Welsh national team prior to his retirement from international football on 2 June 2007, and was once the youngest player to ever represent his country. Giggs was named one of the three overaged players for the Great Britain team to compete at 2012 Summer Olympics, and was subsequently named as the team's captain.
lmur

Reply Mon 11 Mar, 2013 08:04 am
@Jack Davidson,
Thank you Ryan. Our next contestant is Rosanna.

Born in County Dublin, Ireland, Davison's primary education was at Aravon School, in County Wicklow. She then attended Rathdown School, a private, all-girls school in Glenageary, County Dublin. She was class prefect before graduating and completing her leaving certificate examinations in 2002.In 2006, she graduated from University College Dublin with an arts degree in Sociology and Art History.

Rosanna has recently enrolled on a part-time course in Dublin with a view to becoming a qualified nutritional therapist
0 Replies