What is the best way to survive a zombie apocalypse?

hamilton

Reply Sat 21 May, 2011 09:13 am
@margo,
margo wrote:

Always carry an umbrella - well - can't hurt!

well, yes, it can. you should always travel light.
0 Replies

Irishk

Reply Sat 21 May, 2011 09:56 am
@hamilton,
The CDC implies that once bitten, you're a goner. If it makes you feel better, though, I don't think that's necessarily true. Amputation of the infected area might work.
hamilton

Reply Sat 21 May, 2011 10:24 am
@Irishk,
well, yes. alot of shows and movies have the infected zombielize slowly, over minutes. it depends where. neck bites seem to be popular among the hungry...
Irishk

Reply Sat 21 May, 2011 10:36 am
@hamilton,
We'll probably have to wait for Season 2 of The Walking Dead...they'll come up with something, no doubt.
hamilton

Reply Sat 21 May, 2011 10:40 am
@Irishk,
haha.

0 Replies

hamilton

Reply Sat 21 May, 2011 10:41 am
ok.
so, what would your zombie survival kit consist of?
weapons?
what kind?
food?
tents?
tools?
Irishk

Reply Sat 21 May, 2011 10:46 am
@hamilton,
It's on the CDC website, but there's no mention of guns or anything, I don't believe.

I might look for some pocket rockets at Tarjay later today...after I finish vacuuming for the Rapture.
hamilton

Reply Sat 21 May, 2011 10:48 am
@Irishk,
ok. lets avoid bringing that up. thats what the website says. i want to hear YOUR ideas.
Irishk

Reply Sat 21 May, 2011 11:03 am
@hamilton,
I'll have to get back to you. Right now I have to go out and help Mr.Irish finish up the bunker.
hamilton

Reply Sat 21 May, 2011 01:09 pm
@Irishk,
is a bunker a fortress, or a trap? where would you go in a bunker if the bunker is breached?
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sat 21 May, 2011 04:55 pm
@Ticomaya,
Ticomaya wrote:

margo wrote:
Always carry an umbrella - well - can't hurt!

One should always carry a towel as well.

Everyone does, don't they??
hamilton

Reply Sat 21 May, 2011 07:09 pm
@margo,
nope.
tsarstepan

Reply Sat 21 May, 2011 11:17 pm
@hamilton,
Might I suggest a military grade microwave crowd control weapon.
http://www.wired.com/images_blogs/dangerroom/images/2009/03/19/armymil20070126093954.jpghttp://www.wired.com/dangerroom/tag/less-lethal/page/3/
Site the vehicle at the weakest point in the place where you presently reside. Or use it to keep your escape route permanently clear of zombies wandering around aimlessly or those setting up an ambush.

Zombies aren't particularly intelligent or creatures of consciousness. Though the microwave weapon is non-lethal, the defensive effects are still whats important.

Zombies, creatures of instinct, will avoid the displeasure of exposure to the microwave field, thusly the vehicle should be situated at the weakest and most vulnerable points of ones residence/fortress. The zombies may not know or understand why but they will avoid these areas at all cost.

margo

Reply Sat 21 May, 2011 11:42 pm
@hamilton,
hamilton wrote:

nope.

you poor unprotected thing!
0 Replies

hamilton

Reply Sun 22 May, 2011 07:41 am
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:

Might I suggest a military grade microwave crowd control weapon.
http://www.wired.com/images_blogs/dangerroom/images/2009/03/19/armymil20070126093954.jpghttp://www.wired.com/dangerroom/tag/less-lethal/page/3/
Site the vehicle at the weakest point in the place where you presently reside. Or use it to keep your escape route permanently clear of zombies wandering around aimlessly or those setting up an ambush.

Zombies aren't particularly intelligent or creatures of consciousness. Though the microwave weapon is non-lethal, the defensive effects are still whats important.

Zombies, creatures of instinct, will avoid the displeasure of exposure to the microwave field, thusly the vehicle should be situated at the weakest and most vulnerable points of ones residence/fortress. The zombies may not know or understand why but they will avoid these areas at all cost.

three things.
1) where could i get one
2) zombies dont necessarily feel pain. it could be the disease destroys that section of the brain, or, they really are back from the grave, and if thrown into a wood chipper, might try to put itself back together and come at you again.
3) its possible for zombies to have intelligence.
0 Replies

Telamon

Reply Tue 24 May, 2011 02:00 am
Bow n' arrow > firearms, just saying...
In most zombie scenarios, sounds attract the horde (the louder it is further the dinner bell rings). Additionally, food/water will become an increasing worrisome predicament. As dangerous as "zombie infection" is, you can die just as easily from bad or no food/water. As for electricity, i'd heavy suggest investing in solar power technologies (they are surprising cheap and cost effective). These of course are just the basics, more too come!

http://i818.photobucket.com/albums/zz110/TommyBoy_tjs/photo-1.jpg
Ionus

Reply Tue 24 May, 2011 02:57 am
@tsarstepan,
I gotta get me one of dose....
0 Replies

hamilton

Reply Tue 24 May, 2011 06:05 am
@Telamon,
glad to hear it.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Wed 25 May, 2011 12:49 am
You know if you cant beat them you can always join them....do zombies have beer and sex ?
hamilton

Reply Wed 25 May, 2011 04:27 pm
@Ionus,
doubtful...