Traditional Economics, Judeo Christian Mythology & Man's Survival

Chumly

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2014 11:01 am
It's saddening to note that traditional economics (of which many public and private policy decisions are loosely based) ignores the true costs of economic growth such as environmental degradation, wars of scarcity, natural resource depletion, loss of habitat, species extinction, increases in disease, etc.

Given that mankind's survival is inexorably linked to the health of the biosphere, we will have to bear all these costs (and more) at some point in the not too distant future, and I fear we will not have the capacity to do so.

It's truly unfortunate that many adhere to the mistaken belief that we are somehow independent of our environmental underpinnings. If fact I would argue that this mistaken belief is one of the most perverted evils espoused by judeo-christian mythologies.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 1,774 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2014 11:10 am
@Chumly,
Chumly wrote:

It's unfortunate that many adhere to the mistaken belief that we are somehow independent of our environmental underpinnings. If fact I would argue that this mistaken belief is one of the most perverted evils espoused by the nonsensical judeo christian mythologies.

Huh? The Bible is very eco-friendly..Smile
For example see if you can spot pollution, the ozone hole, radioactivity and UV exposure in this verse-
"And it shall come to pass, that instead of sweet smell there shall be stink; and instead of a girdle a rent; and instead of well set hair baldness; and instead of a stomacher a girding of sackcloth; and burning instead of beauty."(Isaiah 3:24)

The writing's on the wall-
"The time has come for judging the dead.. and for destroying those who destroy the earth" (Revelation 11:18 )

The precious jewel-
"God hangs the earth on nothing" (Job 26:7)

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/hangs-earth_zpsd890daaa.jpg~original
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2014 11:29 am
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
Huh? The Bible is very eco-friendly..Smile
Pure unadulterated bullshit given that the judeo-christian belief system is predicated on the genesis myth.

In this case genesis 1:26

God made the beasts of the earth after their kind, and the cattle after their kind, and everything that creeps on the ground after its kind; and god saw that it was good. Then god said, "Let us make man in our image, according to our likeness; and let him rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth."
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2014 12:38 pm
God said - "I will punish you, a fire in the forest will devour all around it" (Jeremiah 21:4)
"The whole earth is at peace,the trees rejoice at no woodcutter coming" (Isaiah 14:7/8 )

So perhaps the Earths's landscape contains "elementals" of one kind or another, perhaps some are "Guardians of the Trees"?
For example Travis Walton and his lumberjack mates were ambushed by an angry UFO ("elemental"?) on their way home one night, the true encounter was later turned into a book and film called "Fire in the Sky".

http://www.travis-walton.com/ordinary.html
0 Replies