Reply Tue 17 May, 2011 06:43 pm
I think I will finally join a political party. I went to a Tea Party a month ago and the first speaker was endorsing pot legalization. There seems to be a conservative movement happening in the USA. The media hasn't caught up to what's going on yet.

http://www.politico.com/click/stories/1105/willie_nelson_endorses_gary_johnson.html
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 4 • Views: 2,728 • Replies: 13
No top replies

Ragman

Reply Tue 17 May, 2011 06:55 pm
@Renaldo Dubois,
Renaldo Dubois wrote:

There seems to be a conservative movement happening in the USA. The media hasn't caught up to what's going on yet.

A conservative movement has been ongoing in US for centuries. However, if you're talking about Teaparty, you're speaking of a small fraction of the conservative movement which the press is giving some attention. How you associate the movement for pot legalization with the Teaparty I think is way beyond my grasp and any connection to reality.

The fact that Willie Nelson, a convicted felon (pot possession) and evader of Federal taxes (reconciled now) and his endorsement of Johnson should be more of a drag on party than any useful help. The Teaparty and Johnson would do better to look elsewhere for help if he wants a viable political future.

You might say that he's best to go out "on the road again"!
Fido

Reply Tue 17 May, 2011 08:04 pm
@Ragman,
Gimme a break... All of human nature is conservative... Those who actually call themselves conservative in contrast to others are actually reactionaries... They want to break the clock, and turn back the hands of time... They should figure out that only dead people live in the past... No one is getting it back except by going forward, and no one wants the outdoor **** houses and cold baths... They want the best of the past, and the promise of a better future and you will never get that by trying to go back in time...
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 17 May, 2011 09:29 pm
As far as I could find out, the Teapot Party doesn't have a lot if anything in common with the Tea Party movement.

If RD had been at their meeting, he must have been one out of nine persons there.
Ragman

Reply Tue 17 May, 2011 10:17 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Thanks for that correction. Except for my glaring misunderstanding, most of my comments STILL apply. Willie Nelson endorsement is a drag rather than any help to a candidate.
0 Replies

Renaldo Dubois

Reply Wed 18 May, 2011 07:14 am
Willie Nelson is a national treasure.
raprap

Reply Wed 18 May, 2011 08:04 am
@Renaldo Dubois,
About three years ago Willie played live in my mother's side yard.

Mom lives across a cemetery from an outdoor amphitheater. Music from the sound stage bounces off the hills and focuses in her side yard like you're sitting 6th row center. Willie was playing at that amphitheater and mom had a Willie Nelson party--we partied and toasted Willie with Beer and Bourbon and whatever else we had to 'recreate' with.

Whiskey River took my mind.

Rap
izzythepush

Reply Wed 18 May, 2011 08:25 am
I thought I knew all about marijuana, then I went to Amsterdam.
Renaldo Dubois

Reply Wed 18 May, 2011 07:25 pm
@raprap,
Willie is a national treasure. He should be left alone.
0 Replies

Renaldo Dubois

Reply Wed 18 May, 2011 07:27 pm
@izzythepush,
Medical marijuana used to be legal around here until a few weeks ago. Now we're all criminals again. I grow my own. I got 9 quart jars of bud from one plant last year.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 19 May, 2011 01:34 am
@Renaldo Dubois,
It's illegal over here too. One of the consequences of it's illegality is the amount of top grade Afghani black coming into the UK at the moment, courtesy of the Taliban. In Amsterdam where it's legal in all but name, you can get hash and grass from all over the world, but not any Afghani.
Renaldo Dubois

Reply Sat 21 May, 2011 09:34 am
@izzythepush,
That's the problem with illegal drugs, the money goes to bad people. That's why pot should be legal and regulated like alcohol. I don't give one penny to anyone for my smoke.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 21 May, 2011 01:02 pm
@Renaldo Dubois,
Well at long last we've found something we agree on.
Renaldo Dubois

Reply Sun 22 May, 2011 09:19 am
@izzythepush,
There is always something to agree on.
0 Replies