Signing over parental rights

Reply Sun 15 May, 2011 10:51 am
i have a one year old daughter that i have no contact with at all..how do i go on and get paper work to sign my rights over...and would i have to cont to pay childsupport..i have no problem paying it but while the mom has neevr had a job in her life and all she does is live off the goverment and the money she gets from me on childsupport i think i shouldnt have to pay any since none of it goes to my daughter...and plus she gets 625 a month cause my dauther was born premature at 1 lb and now she gets that social security check of 625 plus 450 child support....if some one can give me some info on getting the paper work...im loacted in florida...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,211 • Replies: 3
No top replies

rosborne979

Reply Sun 15 May, 2011 11:26 am
@mike2324,
Talk to a lawyer. They consult for free. And you're gonna need one.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sun 15 May, 2011 11:29 am
You can't sign over your parental rights in order to get out of child support.

You MUST provide for this child. It's the law.

If the mother or the court ask you to relinquish your parental rights, then you might have a chance.

Are you SURE you are the baby's father? Request a paternity test, if you are not sure.

How much are you paying weekly?

0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sun 15 May, 2011 11:50 am
@mike2324,
I believe the only way you'll get out of child support is if there is another man willing to step up and adopt the child (step parent adoption).

Even a negative paternity test might not save you at this point.
0 Replies