Why did they throw Obama into the ocean?

Mame

Reply Fri 6 May, 2011 07:40 pm
I am still wondering about that - what was that all about? Why throw him in the ocean at all? Why not just kill him, take a picture, then give him back to his family for whatever they would do with him? Or why not keep the proof for people at home? Have there been any pictures of him with bullet holes? Not that that would mean anything these days.

Reyn

Reply Fri 6 May, 2011 07:41 pm
@Mame,
What? Obama?

Have I missed something? Laughing
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 6 May, 2011 07:42 pm
@Mame,
Too late to edit, likely.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 6 May, 2011 08:39 pm
@Mame,
Given Al Quaeda have acknowledged the death proof is likely not an issue.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 6 May, 2011 08:41 pm
He cannot be dug up where he went.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Fri 6 May, 2011 08:47 pm
@Mame,
My understanding is that they don't want to let anyone build a shrine.

George

Reply Fri 6 May, 2011 08:52 pm
@maxdancona,
I think you're right, Max.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Fri 6 May, 2011 08:59 pm
@Reyn,
LOL Yes, mis-type!

OSAMA - they could have taken him to the States where all the doubting Thomases could see him dead BEFORE they tossed him. I just don't get why they oceanized him. Really, I don't. That's quite unusual. They used to stick his head on a picket in a large public square where people can shout abuses and pee on him, throw tomatoes, etc. The ocean thing takes all the fun out of it (for those who like that, I mean)... and doesn't it draw a little speculation as in " oh sure, that was Osama"? I mean, look at Obama and the birth certificate issue.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 6 May, 2011 09:20 pm
Classic

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Fri 6 May, 2011 10:05 pm
@Mame,
Quote:
LOL Yes, mis-type!

Or Freudian slip.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Fri 6 May, 2011 10:06 pm
@Mame,
Quote:
where all the doubting Thomases could see him dead BEFORE they tossed him.

I don't think that Thomas doubts he's dead, he just doesn't think it was necessary or "proper".
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 11 May, 2011 07:12 pm
@Mame,
Mame wrote:

I am still wondering about that - what was that all about? Why throw him in the ocean at all? Why not just kill him, take a picture, then give him back to his family for whatever they would do with him? Or why not keep the proof for people at home? Have there been any pictures of him with bullet holes? Not that that would mean anything these days.

Well, they did kill him, and they did take pictures of his corpse.

If is body was returned to "his family," it would likely be the foundation of a jihadi shrine. Not a smart move.

Why would the US want to keep his corpse? Obama won't release the gory photos because "we don't spike the football." Apparently he can't even imagine a valid reason for revealing them. Nope,if you disagree with his decisions, you must be a jingoistic troglodyte.

I'm all for keeping his corpse and displaying it in the Smithsonian or Ripley's.

Maybe we could have a national lottery in which an American family might win the right to display his mummified cadaver on their front porch or in their hot tube.

He long ago forfeited any right to civilized treatment.

JTT

Reply Wed 11 May, 2011 07:19 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
I'm all for keeping his corpse and displaying it in the Smithsonian or Ripley's.

In the Guys We've Stabbed in the Back , section with the caption:

OBL, another close friend and ally that we used to help us murder innocents the world over, helped us commit war crimes and then we turned against him when he had served our purposes.

OBL's favorite saying was from Henry Kissinger: "The only thing more dangerous than being America's enemy is being America's ally."
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 11 May, 2011 07:25 pm
I am fine with killing the guy and burying him at sea. I see no reason to put pictures of him into the public domain. It is enough for me to know he has been dealt with.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 11 May, 2011 08:06 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

I am fine with killing the guy and burying him at sea. I see no reason to put pictures of him into the public domain. It is enough for me to know he has been dealt with.

Perfectly reasonable, unless, like Obama, you insist that those who think there is a valid reason to release the photos just want to parade a bloody trophy.
georgeob1

Reply Wed 11 May, 2011 08:19 pm
@Mame,
Well they did kill him, take his picture and carry his body off for post mortem analysis and DNA verification. After that I suspect they wanted to ensure that his supporters would not be able to make a spectacle out of his funeral or burial, and, at the same time avoid violating the proscriptions of Islamic law with respect to burials. In fact they heloed him to my old ship (USS Carl Vinson) where they had the needed medical and communications facilities and complete physical security (at sea), and conducted an Islamic burial there.

I'm sure there were some who would have preferred to shoot him in the gut, wrap him in a pigskin and toss him out of the helo a few miles out at sea.
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 11 May, 2011 08:19 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
quote:

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 11 May, 2011 08:53 pm
@edgarblythe,
And you are not?

Why?

0 Replies

JTT

Reply Wed 11 May, 2011 09:31 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
He long ago forfeited any right to civilized treatment.

Would that have been as soon as he stopped killing for the US, Finn?

Once again, I have to point up the stunning hypocrisy that is people like you. You're so damn good at mouthing "democracy this and democracy that, let's get rid of the tyrants" and yet you've said nothing about the US's long long history of supporting brutal tyrants, the long long history of the US perpetrating acts of terrorism/mass murder/torture/... all over the globe.

What the **** is wrong with your brain? Really!
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Wed 11 May, 2011 09:44 pm
@georgeob1,
i'm just surprised at the way they disposed of the body... into the sea? Why would they do that? Why there and not just bury him in some anonymous place?