Why did they throw Obama into the ocean?

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 11 May, 2011 09:47 pm
@Mame,
It was easier

Sometimes, that's all it's about.
Mame

Reply Wed 11 May, 2011 09:48 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Smile Was he shoved out a porthole or port side?
georgeob1

Reply Wed 11 May, 2011 09:55 pm
@Mame,
Mame wrote:

i'm just surprised at the way they disposed of the body... into the sea? Why would they do that? Why there and not just bury him in some anonymous place?

Well it was the Navy that got him: perhaps they thought it fitting.

More likely is that they didn't want to provide any opportunity for his supporters to find his remains at all. Where would they find the "anonymous place" ? In Afghanistan or Pakistan? I'm quite sure the Saudis didn't want him back.

Who knows, perhaps it is all just a cover story and they really did the shot in the gut with the pigskin thing and tossed him out of the helo over the ocean after a 30 minute ride to give him some time to think about it all.
georgeob1

Reply Wed 11 May, 2011 09:56 pm
@Mame,
Mame wrote:

Smile Was he shoved out a porthole or port side?

Aircraft carriers don't have portholes! ... and it's a 74 ft drop from the flight deck to the water,

Goddamn Canuck landlubbers !
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 11 May, 2011 09:58 pm
@Mame,
Over the side while American sailors wished him a fiery reception in hell.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Wed 11 May, 2011 10:06 pm
@georgeob1,
And yet, remember all the hoohah about missing servicemen in Vietnam.

Even as the US was imposing a crippling embargo upon Vietnam, it was whining about the return of a bunch of bodies, part of the horde of invaders of Vietnam.

Three plus million dead Vietnamese, toxic chemicals spread all over the people and their country and the Vietnamese still helped the Americans. This is a known fact situation.

It's not known for sure that OBL had a part in 9-11. There never was any indictment, nor was there ever any proof offered, though the US long promised "proof".

Just look at all this talk from finn, gob and others about how awful OBL was. Pretty silly when it's apparent who the really savages are.
Mame

Reply Wed 11 May, 2011 10:09 pm
@georgeob1,
HA HA HA... no, being a Canuck has nothing to do with it (although, how 'bout them Canucks, eh??!!) - it's the landlubberness that's the problem. You said it was a 'ship', so I took it to be a ship with the regular ship stuff, you know...portholes, head, galley, winches, foreguys, etc. But of course, it wouldn't be, if you had been on it... it would have been a major princessy type of 'ship'...
Mame

Reply Wed 11 May, 2011 10:11 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

This is a known fact situation.

Pretty silly when it's apparent who the really savages are.

Your English is suffering, strangely. Are you emotionally invested in this topic or just tired?
Miller

Reply Wed 11 May, 2011 10:12 pm
@Mame,
Mame wrote:

i'm just surprised at the way they disposed of the body... into the sea? Why would they do that? Why there and not just bury him in some anonymous place?

Ideally, the man should have been cremated. However, this is against Islamic law. Burial at sea is becoming very common these days since funerals in the US ( where the corpse is often buried in the ground ) have become very expensive.
Mame

Reply Wed 11 May, 2011 10:13 pm
@Miller,
I think he should have been placed on a boat, lit on fire and sent down the Nile. Just for the helluvit.
JTT

Reply Wed 11 May, 2011 10:15 pm
@Mame,
A bit of both, Mame, but I notice that you are having a great deal of fun.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Wed 11 May, 2011 10:18 pm
@Mame,
Goddammit Mame they tossed him into the sea from the ship I commanded ! No princesses then .. at least none out of the closet. Now they have girls and perhaps soon some princesses too.

What the hell do you know about "regular ship stuff" ?

What is a "foreguy" ??? Was that a Freudian slip ? Looking for a foreguy lady ??? Wanna dance ?

You're trying to mess with me Mame .

Mame

Reply Thu 12 May, 2011 07:37 am
@georgeob1,
Uh uh, I ain't messin' with you, George. I used to do a bit of crewing on sailboats... a foreguy is a slender rope on a sailboat, used to move (ie when tacking) and anchor the boom (spar).

It's finally sunshiney and warm here in wintry Calgary. We had the longest, coldest winter - blah. My compost pile from last year hasn't even started composting Sad We had snow at the end of April - I sure hope we're done.
0 Replies

Irishk

Reply Thu 12 May, 2011 12:25 pm
@Mame,
Mame wrote:
I think he should have been placed on a boat, lit on fire and sent down the Nile. Just for the helluvit.

Laughing
Did anyone catch SNL's opening sketch last Saturday night? It was OBL's last will and testament -- your post reminded me of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_NG1ThxQ50
Mame

Reply Thu 12 May, 2011 04:15 pm
@Irishk,
I like that Smile I do NOT want to buried at sea Smile
0 Replies

Irishk

Reply Thu 12 May, 2011 05:22 pm
Omar, OBL's fourth born son, isn't happy. He says the burial at sea has humiliated his family. From what I've read, the preparation and ceremony took something like an hour. I think we need to see the video. Or, I wonder if they just showed it to Omar, etal, if they'd change their minds. Anyway, they'll probably sue us over it. They're using British lawyers, though...heh.
Mame

Reply Thu 12 May, 2011 07:32 pm
@Irishk,
Wah, Wah, Wah... in the old days they'd have put his head on a picket. Cry me a river, Omar.
JTT

Reply Thu 12 May, 2011 07:38 pm
@Mame,
Mame the ghoul.

Who'da thunk it?
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Thu 12 May, 2011 08:05 pm
@Irishk,
Irishk wrote:
Omar, OBL's fourth born son, isn't happy. He says the burial at sea has humiliated his family.

You gotta be kidding.

Yeah, that burial at sea has tainted the family name.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 12 May, 2011 08:14 pm
@Irishk,
What balls.

Being responsible for the deaths of thousands of innocents didn't humiliate his family, but sending his Dad to Davy Jones' Locker did.

The sad fact is that there are actually people in the West who will "empathize" with this schmuck, and wonder why we couldn't have done more to respect his religion and his family.

The sound you hear is me gnashing my teeth from 45,000 feet over Mississippi.

What is the world coming to?