English as a Second Language versus being intellectualy honest with one's self

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 10:20 am
How about a little input on how we should start this thread off High Seas!

This thread will consist of many ideas and go in many different directions and I invite anyone to join!

This thread was started by the advice of High Seas so be sure to think him!

High Seas

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 10:31 am
@reasoning logic,
Thanks for the invitation. I've already added the appropriate tags to your thread (ESL, etc). If you're not sure about cut-and-paste of the problematic posts you have encountered elsewhere on this forum, I'll take some time later today, copy them, and re-post them here. Try doing it yourself, first Smile
reasoning logic

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 10:35 am
@High Seas,
I will wait and respond to yours as I do think it would be appropriate being that this was your idea!
High Seas

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 10:37 am
@reasoning logic,
Many posters on this site know much more than I do about grammar, syntax, vocabulary, and teaching methods. Let's hope they show up here soon Smile
reasoning logic

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 10:40 am
@High Seas,
I am sure they will as I fallow them and admire the knowledge that they share with me as well!
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 10:41 am
Do they have to be mutually exclusive?
reasoning logic

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 10:42 am
@Ceili,
This is a x rated thread so any thing goes!
High Seas

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 10:48 am
@Ceili,
You showed up while I was struggling to parse the title here; perhaps you can make sense of our friend's writing style - it has solidly defeated me so far.
farmerman

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 10:59 am
@High Seas,
WTF is this about? How about cluing in the clueless.
The title has no math stability implicit .
Its like saying

Being Intellectually honest v peanut butter sammiches
Francis

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 11:05 am
RL wrote:
This thread was started by the advice of High Seas so be sure to think him!

HS wrote:
perhaps you can make sense of our friend's writing style - it has solidly defeated me so far.

It's not the style, but it keeps me thinking, thank you...
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 11:12 am
@farmerman,
This may help you to understand where the origin of this thread took place, just scroll down till you High Seas post!

http://able2know.org/topic/166104-11
farmerman

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 11:17 am
@reasoning logic,
Well, I read it and Im no more enlightened than before. How we jumped from veiled insults to this topic has let me fall off the turnip truck ANYWAY, play nice and dont run with scissors.
reasoning logic

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 11:28 am
@farmerman,
Yes it may seem childish but I do learn from these types of situation and it allows others to judge my intellectual honesty and theirs as well if they are willing! LOL
0 Replies

High Seas

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 04:48 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:

This is a x rated thread so any thing goes!

Words in English don't mean what you think they mean in Indian dialects - stay away from the other thread if you know what's good for you. Last warning Smile
farmerman

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 04:49 pm
@High Seas,
Ive learned, by patient assistance from my Colleagues from SW Inja, to speak some very naughty phrases in MALAYALAM (Mal'-ya-lum).
I think that learning naughty phrases in afew languages is always a social plus.
roger

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 06:03 pm
@farmerman,
umKOWA
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 06:30 pm
@High Seas,
I am the grass hopper so please teach me the reality of all things!
0 Replies

High Seas

Reply Wed 4 May, 2011 04:42 am
@farmerman,
Had to look that one up: ".....though Dravidian in origin, over eighty percent of words in Malayalam and Telugu are pure Sanskrit words..." Still have no idea which Indian language the OP here might speak or understand. Why not try some of your Malayalam phrases? They might make sense to him.
reasoning logic

Reply Wed 4 May, 2011 06:27 pm
@High Seas,
Are you being a joker or are you being intellectually honest with your self?

If you were to be honest I would think that you would know that Tamil is my first language then fallowed by a few others and that English is just a universal language!
High Seas

Reply Wed 4 May, 2011 09:09 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:

If you were to be honest I would think that you would know that Tamil is my first language ....

Tamil. How would an honest man guess this from the nonsense you post on this forum in English? Perhaps there's a way - sadly I don't know it. Do tell.