Why are some white people so biased and racist?

JGoldman10

Mon 2 May, 2011 08:58 pm
@manored,
The people who built the Tower of Babel were trying to buld the Tower to get to Heaven. God saw that and knocked the Tower down. As punishment God confused theri tongues and send them out into different parts of the world AS PUNISHMENT. That is why there are DIFFERENT RACES of people in the world and LANGUAGES.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Mon 2 May, 2011 09:40 pm
@JGoldman10,
It's quite obvious that Jesus was gay. He was not married, nor did he have a a romantic interest in any woman, yet he had women friends. He hung out with men all the time.

And there was a man in the Bible that is referred to as "the disciple that Jesus loved".

JGoldman10

Mon 2 May, 2011 09:53 pm
@maxdancona,
HE WAS NOT GAY. HE WAS THE SON OF GOD IN THE FLESH. HE COULDN'T SIN. IF HE WAS PHYSICALLY INVOLVED WITH ANY WOMAN HE WAS NOT MARRIED TO HE WOULD HAVE BEEN SINNING.
Ceili

Mon 2 May, 2011 09:56 pm
@JGoldman10,
You know he had a kid with Mary Magdalene right?
JGoldman10

Mon 2 May, 2011 10:15 pm
THAT DA VINCI CODE STUFF IS SACRILIGIOUS BLASPHEMOUS NONSENSE. It is NOT SCRIPTUAL.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Mon 2 May, 2011 10:16 pm
Anyone who tells you JESUS was GAY or He had an AFFAIR IS LYING.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Mon 2 May, 2011 10:16 pm
Why do SOME WHITE FOLKS get away with SHOPLIFTING?
0 Replies

FBM

Mon 2 May, 2011 11:42 pm
@manored,
manored wrote:

JGoldman10 wrote:

You're serious??? NO ONE can be that naive.
He was kiding! In fact, he was kinda ridiculing your belief.

That and his speeling. Wink
0 Replies

FBM

Mon 2 May, 2011 11:46 pm
@Ceili,
Ceili wrote:

That was just a fling. John was the only one Jesus ever loved. It says so right in the Babble.

In plain black and white...

...wait for it...

OMG! COLOR SEGREGATION!! THE BIBLE IS RACIST!!!1!uno

JGoldman10

Tue 3 May, 2011 12:49 am
@FBM,
YOU ARE MISINTERPRETING SCRIPTURE. You aren't Christian so of course you aren't going to understand it.

Neither is Ceili.
JGoldman10

Tue 3 May, 2011 12:50 am
JESUS was a VIRGIN- show me where it says in the Bible He had a kid.
0 Replies

FBM

Tue 3 May, 2011 12:57 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

YOU ARE MISINTERPRETING SCRIPTURE. You aren't Christian so of course you aren't going to understand it.

Neither is Ceili.

Oh, OK. You have to be xtian first, then you can understand the Babble. I wasn't aware of that rule. Thanx for straightening me out on that.

Oh, by the way, I was studying to enter seminary when I lost the faith. It was a class called History of the Bible, taught by a Baptist minister, that did me in. That and all the philosophy classes that taught me how to figure things out for myself instead of relying on authority and tradition...
JGoldman10

Tue 3 May, 2011 01:10 am
@FBM,
Whatever- THE BIBLE SAYS DO NOT ADD ANYTHING OR TAKE ANYTHING AWAY FROM IT.

The BIBLE I READ SAYS HE WAS NEVER WITH A WOMAN.
FBM

Tue 3 May, 2011 01:56 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

Whatever- THE BIBLE SAYS DO NOT ADD ANYTHING OR TAKE ANYTHING AWAY FROM IT.

The BIBLE I READ SAYS HE WAS NEVER WITH A WOMAN.

Does the Babble you read condone slavery? The one I read does.
JGoldman10

Tue 3 May, 2011 03:47 am
@FBM,
YOU ARE TAKING IT WAY TOO LITERALLY.
FBM

Tue 3 May, 2011 03:57 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

Whoa. Wait a minute. If you don't take it literally, then you're adding or detracting from it, which you say we can't do. What's up with the sudden reversal? Can't have it both ways, y'know. Wink

Also, slavery was the norm in that place at that time. They certainly meant it literally then, so why should the passage of a few hundred years mean that suddenly we can't take it literally? A few years is less than the blink of an eye to God, no? Since when can Man reinterpret God's word for his own political correctness?

JGoldman10

Tue 3 May, 2011 06:43 am
@FBM,
I am NOT A FUNDAMENTALIST if that is what you are trying to make me look like.

You remind me of the man who persecuted the Disciples and made fun of what they were saying because they were preaching the Gospel to the masses.
FBM

Tue 3 May, 2011 06:48 am
@JGoldman10,
You said that I/we can't add or subtract anything from the Babble. That's a fundamentalist position.

Was slavery an accepted part of that culture at that time or not? Do you deny it? Am I going to have to cite acacdemic/historical/anthropological sources? I can, y'know...

Slavery...in the Babble..."God" said slavery is BOTH GOOD AND RECOMMENDED in certain situations. C'mon. Deny it. I dare you. Wink

http://www.evilbible.com/Slavery.htm
0 Replies

manored

Tue 3 May, 2011 08:40 am
@Ceili,
Ceili wrote:

No, really, everything in the Da Vince Code is invention, if thats what you are looking at. Its meant to be and is just fiction, not a revelation of sorts.

JGoldman10 wrote:

The people who built the Tower of Babel were trying to buld the Tower to get to Heaven. God saw that and knocked the Tower down. As punishment God confused theri tongues and send them out into different parts of the world AS PUNISHMENT. That is why there are DIFFERENT RACES of people in the world and LANGUAGES.
I find it funny that you believe this. This is obviously a story invented to explain the existence of different races and languages. You know, a myth. The ancients invented a lot of these to explain a lot of things they couldnt understand. In fact, I dare say the entirety of the bible is a myth sometimes mixed up with historical accounts.

JGoldman10 wrote:

Neither is Ceili.
Its quite the opposite, being a christian blinds you to how nosensical and self-contradicting the bible is. I know because I was a christian once, several years ago, and quite a faithful one at that. I read almost the entire old testament, and doing so was part of what made me eventually lose the faith and abandon christianism.

Also, how do you make the point of misinterpretation? Based on what? Who is to say what interpretations are wrong or right? If its the word of god, then isnt man, interpreting it with his limited and flawed mind, bound to interpret it wrong no matter how you look at it?

FBM wrote:

Oh, by the way, I was studying to enter seminary when I lost the faith. It was a class called History of the Bible, taught by a Baptist minister, that did me in. That and all the philosophy classes that taught me how to figure things out for myself instead of relying on authority and tradition...
Ye, that kinda happened to me too. Reading the bible + philosopy = loss of faith =)

JGoldman10 wrote:

And so are you, in some points. You choose to ignore the bible's promotion os slaverly and racism and the zillion of other bad things it has, yet you take its anti-gayness by heart. Feels like you are just using the bible to backup your own beliefs and claims and ignoring the parts you dont like.
FBM

Tue 3 May, 2011 09:03 am
@manored,
manored wrote:
FBM wrote:

Ye, that kinda happened to me too. Reading the bible + philosopy = loss of faith =)

Damn that ability to reason for oneself! It's cursed us all to everlasting hellfire, torture and unredeemable, eternal condemnation by the very god who made us all in his own image and loves us unconditionally! Oh woe is me for learning how to think things out!!!2!dos!
0 Replies