Why are some white people so biased and racist?

FBM

Sun 1 May, 2011 07:13 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

Clinton CLAIMED he wasn't racist until after Sharpton called him out about it. If he isn't racist then why did Mr. Clinton make the statement?

Please specify PRECISELY which words or phrases refer to race in the sentence:

"If that man thinks he's going to win the Presidency, he's living in a fairy tale."

I don't see a single one. You see racism because you WANT to see racism. Racism does exist in blacks, whites, Asians, Latinos and in every other race I know of, but somehow you managed to find one example in which it is ABSENT or so oblique as to be speculative.

Please, do yourself and the just cause you represent a favor and learn how to construct logical argumentation with viable evidence. Throwing up non-issues, irrelevant non-evidence, dodging direct questions and so forth just make the audience Rolling Eyes
JGoldman10

Sun 1 May, 2011 07:19 pm
@FBM,
CASE IN POINT- you are WHITE you DON'T SEE IT AS RACIST.

ASK SOME AFRICAN-AMERICANS if they thought what Clinton said was RACIST.

WHITES AND BLACKS PERCEIVE CURRENT EVENTS DIFFERENTLY.
FBM

Sun 1 May, 2011 07:35 pm
@JGoldman10,
By not pointing to anything in the sentence that contains a reference to racism, you're effectively admitting that there is nothing.

Yelling louder by typing in all-caps isn't rational argumentation. It's just annoying.
JGoldman10

Sun 1 May, 2011 07:37 pm
@FBM,
You are an ignorant white person who wants to make excuse for racism. That's what I am talking about- WHITES not wanting to admit when they are wrong when PEOPLE OF COLOR are concerned.
maxdancona

Sun 1 May, 2011 07:39 pm
@JGoldman10,
Quote:
You are an ignorant white person who wants to make excuse for racism. That's what I am talking about- WHITES not wanting to admit when they are wrong when PEOPLE OF COLOR are concerned.

How do you feel about CHRISTIANS not wanting to admin when they are wrong when HOMOSEXUALS and MUSLIMS are concerned?

Yes... it is exactly the same.

FBM

Sun 1 May, 2011 07:45 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

Did I not say just above that you have a just cause? If anything, I'm trying to help you promote/defend your cause because I see it as a wider, human cause, not just one for blacks. I'm trying to help you by pointing out flaws in your approach. If you make blatantly flawed presentations, no one will listen to you. If you pay attention to what I'm trying to show you, you'll be better able to present your case more convincingly and compellingly. Yelling in all caps is one way to ensure that the listener will ignore your message. You do want to be effective, don't you? Or are you satisfied with just ranting incoherently and being ignored/laughed at?

As for people not wanting to admit when they're wrong, I'm still waiting for you to point to something in that sentence that makes it a racist statement.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Sun 1 May, 2011 07:45 pm
@maxdancona,
GAYS are WRONG for being gay.
maxdancona

Sun 1 May, 2011 07:54 pm
@JGoldman10,
Couldn't someone just as easily say BLACKS are CROOKS for being black?

There is no difference between your prejudice (which is quite ugly) and theirs.

0 Replies

JGoldman10

Sun 1 May, 2011 08:16 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

GAYS are WRONG for being gay.

I meant it's a SIN to be gay. God says it's an abomination.
maxdancona

Sun 1 May, 2011 10:05 pm
@JGoldman10,
Some people think that being black is an abomination.

Personally, I would hate to think that God is a bigot.
JGoldman10

Mon 2 May, 2011 02:05 pm
@maxdancona,
God MADE the different RACES- black, Asian, Caucasian, Hispanic, Aborigine, etc.

It goes back to the Towel of Babel.
JGoldman10

Mon 2 May, 2011 02:06 pm
@maxdancona,
RACIST.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Mon 2 May, 2011 02:07 pm
There's a saying my mother said,

"White is right, if it's black get back, if it's brown stick around, if it's yellow it's mellow."

That's the GENERAL VIBE I get from reading this thread.
manored

Mon 2 May, 2011 04:04 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

I meant it's a SIN to be gay. God says it's an abomination.
And... this is why I hate religion.

There is no point in there being a discussion if you will call those that disagree with you racist whites. Discussions dont work if there is no trust between the parties. Its like discussing the safety of your house with a thief.
FBM

Mon 2 May, 2011 05:57 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

God MADE the different RACES- black, Asian, Caucasian, Hispanic, Aborigine, etc.

It goes back to the Towel of Babel.

Like, everybody took a bath at the same time and after they dried off they were different colors, or something?
FBM

Mon 2 May, 2011 06:01 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

There's a saying my mother said,

"White is right, if it's black get back, if it's brown stick around, if it's yellow it's mellow."

That's the GENERAL VIBE I get from reading this thread.

Because that's the vibe you really want to get. I can speak only for myself, but I don't give a rat's patooey what color the surface of your skin is; your ability to construct and support rational arguments is child-like, at best. I wouldn't want you defending any cause I was a part of. All the opponents would have to do is point to your arguments and the rest of us would be embarrassed into silence.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Mon 2 May, 2011 06:43 pm
@FBM,
You're serious??? NO ONE can be that naive.

Here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tower_of_babel

People were spread out to different parts of the world and ADAPTED to their respective environments.
maxdancona

Mon 2 May, 2011 06:45 pm
@manored,
The ironic thing is that Jesus Christ Himself was gay.

manored

Mon 2 May, 2011 08:19 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

You're serious??? NO ONE can be that naive.
He was kiding! In fact, he was kinda ridiculing your belief.

JGoldman10 wrote:

People were spread out to different parts of the world and ADAPTED to their respective environments.
Why would a miracle need any logic?

maxdancona wrote:

The ironic thing is that Jesus Christ Himself was gay.
I wouldnt know about that, but the bible is full of contradictions.
JGoldman10

Mon 2 May, 2011 08:56 pm
@maxdancona,
No He wasn't. If God says homosexuality is a sin then why would Christ be gay? God is not a man that He should lie.