A BIG MISTAKE. (FICTION)

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2004 08:37 am
Tomorrow was the big day and I was having second thoughts. Maybe I should cancel. It wasn't just pr-wedding nerves. What I was doing wasn't right, I knew that, but still I carried along with it all, oblivious to any common sense.

It all began six months ago, at a friends party. There he was standing in a corner as large as life, talking to a group of people. Our eyes met across the crowded room. I remember thinking then, he was so handsome with his blond wavey hair and gorges blue eyes. That was that, I was hooked. Before I knew what was happing we were seeing each other every night. I was the envy of all the girls walking into a room with him, I would wonder why he picked me.? i was nothing special.but he treated me as if I was. It made me feel good about myself, that I soon forgot the past, it was just a distant memory.

It was all so easy to just go along with the flow and forget about the consequences. Now the day before I was due to get married, I was now thinking about the problems ahead, a bit late in the day but I was so much in love and looking forward to the wedding.

The wedding dress hanging at the back of the room door, a reminder of what I was doing. The dress was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen and I feel in love with it as soon as I had seen it. The white satan clung to my body as if it were made just for me. It felt so right. I even had the image of me walking down the aisle, to be with my beloved. which sent a thrill down my spine. The excitement of it all reaching a peak only to be brought down to earth with a thud in anticipation of what I was doing.

it was not to late to cancel,but I wasn't sure if I wanted to, but then again if I did go through with it and I was found out, I stood to lose the only man I truly loved. I know I should have told him, but something always held me back. The longer I left it the harder it got. now I have made it harder on myself by saying nothing.

I don't know what do do and I have no one to talk it over with. I was the one who choose to walk away from my past and leave everyone I knew behind. Now when I needed someone, there was no one.

The morning of my wedding i'm looking at my refection in the mirror, in my dress, which isn't making my decision any easir. Should i let my heart rule my head? and go along with the wedding. Know one would be any wiser as no one knows me.

If only I had said something at the beginning. Came clean about my marriage. I got married ten years ago, much to my regret to a man twenty years older than me. I was only 17 years old at the time and married to get away from a brutal father. Only I ended up with a brutal husband instead. I ran away 6 weeks into the marriage, only to discover I was going to have a baby. Subsequently I lost the baby and decided to change my image and identity and immigrate to another country to start a new life, in the hope that my husband would never find me, he threatened to kill me if I ran away and I believed he would.

Now here I am and have been since I ran away. Now I have to make a decision that could affect my whole life. Looking in the mirror one last time, the face staring back doesn't look like me, but it helps to make my decision to go through with the wedding and hope for the best. If I get found out I hope my new husband loves me enough to understand.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 570 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Letty

Reply Tue 6 Jan, 2004 01:32 pm
nells, One question:

Did you obtain a divorce from your first husband?
0 Replies

nells1961

Reply Tue 6 Jan, 2004 02:27 pm
big mistake
no
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 6 Jan, 2004 02:37 pm
Shocked
0 Replies