What'd ya do if you won the lottery's million dollars?

Montana

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2004 10:31 am
Are we talking just one million or several million? A million dollars isn't what it use to be ;-)
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2004 10:45 am
I would tour Canada. I haven't been in a long time, and I hear the women are still all hotties.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2004 10:56 am
hmmmmm

Would I sell the house and move outta the city, or would I finish renovating and stay here? Sell! Add the proceeds to the million, take $200,000 off the top and invest the balance. Buy a house with some acres in the Bay of Quinte, move there with the dogs. Live off the investments, donate the balance each year to charity (get a good tax deduction - and re-invest the proceeds).

Take a big train trip every year - across North America, Trans-Siberian ...
go to lots of live concerts. Adopt more dogs from shelters. Walk with lots of dogs. Read. Enjoy life.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2004 10:58 am
ooooooooh - and buy a new bicycle - and order EVERYTHING i want from trashy.com !

:wink:
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2004 11:16 am
BBB
If I won a million dollars?

First, I would buy houses for both of my children where ever they wanted to live.

Second, I would set up a trust fund for both of my children.

Third, I would buy lifetime health insurance policies for both of my children and my daughter-in-law.

Fourth, I would create a small trust fund for the care of my dog, Maddy, after I'm gone.

I would buy a new Volvo to replace my 1990 model (although I'm really tempted by PT Cruisers.)

I would add any remaining money to my savings so that I'm not a financial burden to anyone.

I would continue to donate to my favorite charities.

I would help friends in need.

I would hire Merry Maids to clean my house twice a month so that I don't have to.

BBB
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2004 11:33 am
ebeth - now that sounds smart and fun.

well, i'd replace the dogs by cats, but otherwise. <grins>
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2004 11:51 am
I'd buy you a green dress......
but not a real green dress, that's cruel.....
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2004 12:00 pm
I'd pay off my house and quit work. (I am at retirement age, but I can't.) Would actually finish the remodelling, hiring someone to help.

Would do some writing projects I just talk about now, spend much more time painting, and travel more, using my house as a base. Since I am fairly thrifty, I'd have some left to bank, and some left to give. Lots of people are in dire straits in my area, so I would put some money to that, and think about where money would help internationally, though it would be a mere drop in the bucket of need.

Anyone remember the small business aid someone started in India? It gave funds for people to start very small businesses, and helped them with business plans. Course that would be ironic, I am a business fool.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2004 12:16 pm
Hey! It's the BearNekkidBear!
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2004 01:02 pm
ONE million? Just one? That's not enough.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2004 01:29 pm
Not if ya wanna live well in Venice, probably, no ... <grins>
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2004 01:43 pm
That's right, nimh. And there's a long list of other places I want to see, too. And a plane to get me there. With a pilot, of course. And I ain't stayin' in any $19.95 hotel rooms when I get there, either.

I figure it's gonna take $5-10 million to do it right.
0 Replies

katya8

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2004 02:11 pm
Thanks for the website, Nimh. It never occurred to me to Google a Dutch name.

So "uitheems" means "exotic"? I don't even remember that word, haha! Dutch is such a weird language, don't you agree? I took to English like a fish to water. I hope you don't mind my saying that?

Your English is totally excellent. Maybe you're a fish as well?
:wink:
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2004 03:16 pm
No ... But, apparently, there's something of rats about me.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2004 04:24 pm
Oh dear.

Don't believe him.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2004 04:27 pm
strue!

ask terrydoo ;-)
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2004 04:28 pm
Nope!

and i thought i liked terrydo. she introduced me to lemonheads, after all. <sigh>
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2004 04:30 pm
rats and lemonheads, 's all you need in life ...

(it rhymes, you see?)

oh GOD i gotta get offa here ... ;-)
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2004 04:48 pm
A lawyer and a doctor and a farmer were asked what would they do if they won a million dollars.
The lawyer said he would buy a big car and a nice little summer home down by the beach.
The doctor said I'd buy a big car and a nice little summer home up in the mountains.
The farmer thought about it for a minute or so and then said,

"Well, I'da guess I'da keep on a'farming till the money runs out."
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2004 07:10 pm
A ten out of ten on that one, Joe.
0 Replies