2
   

When is it ok to fight back? Will the court judge me harshly if I hurt them bad?

 
 
Reply Sun 10 Apr, 2011 02:37 am
When is it confirmed that the other party is engage in a fight with me? Suppose they push me, does that imply they are terrorizing me. Does this warrant a reaction? If so, how far can I hurt them to not be blamed? Suppose I cut off some of their meat, and break their arms? I can say it was in self-defense?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 3,030 • Replies: 10
No top replies

 
contrex
 
  -1  
Reply Sun 10 Apr, 2011 03:17 am
@TuringEquivalent,
You don't say what jurisdiction you live in, (the nation and/or state) so it is very hard to give a sensible answer. It may be that you imagine that everybody reading Able2know lives in the USA, but even then the states have their own laws. However, most civilised countries allow self-defence (or "defense" if you prefer). To avoid getting charged yourself, your response has to be proportional to the danger you (genuinely) feel yourself to be in. If someone "pushes" you, you should move out of their reach, and keep far enough away so that they cannot push you again. Macho ideas notwithstanding, you do not have a free pass to cut their ears off, or break one or more of their limbs, or kill them. If you genuinely believed your life, or someone elses, was in danger you could possibly disable or even kill them but in such a case you would be looking at a police investigation and probably a court case. Self defence is OK. Retaliation is not.
0 Replies
 
PUNKEY
 
  2  
Reply Sun 10 Apr, 2011 07:30 am
No, No No!!

Call the police to protect you.

Two wrongs don't make a right.

parados
 
  0  
Reply Sun 10 Apr, 2011 11:40 am
@TuringEquivalent,
TuringEquivalent wrote:

When is it confirmed that the other party is engage in a fight with me? Suppose they push me, does that imply they are terrorizing me. Does this warrant a reaction? If so, how far can I hurt them to not be blamed? Suppose I cut off some of their meat, and break their arms? I can say it was in self-defense?

You are entitled to defend yourself only to the extent you feel threatened.

Posting here makes the self defense argument hard to sustain. It appears you are planning to hurt them if given provocation. One could argue you provoked them so you could pretend you are responding.

OmSigDAVID
 
  1  
Reply Sun 10 Apr, 2011 11:44 am
@PUNKEY,
PUNKEY wrote:
No, No No!!

Call the police to protect you.

Two wrongs don't make a right.
Yeah!
If in doubt, ask Kitty Genovese, Nicole Brown Simpson, Ron Goldman or Reginald Denny.





David
0 Replies
 
contrex
 
  2  
Reply Sun 10 Apr, 2011 01:25 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:
It appears you are planning to hurt them if given provocation. One could argue you provoked them so you could pretend you are responding.


This charmer poured out a torrent of seriously sick filth on another thread (about "abstract math", check it out in his posting history). I think he's just a sad fantasist jerking off over gun and knife magazines in a dank basement.
OmSigDAVID
 
  1  
Reply Sun 10 Apr, 2011 02:19 pm
@contrex,
parados wrote:
It appears you are planning to hurt them if given provocation.
One could argue you provoked them so you could pretend you are responding.
contrex wrote:
This charmer poured out a torrent of seriously sick filth on another thread
(about "abstract math", check it out in his posting history).
I think he's just a sad fantasist jerking off over gun and knife magazines in a dank basement.
How have u calculated that his basement is dank ??





David
contrex
 
  -1  
Reply Sun 10 Apr, 2011 03:39 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:
How have u calculated that his basement is dank ?


It's a stock phrase. Kind of suitable for this creep.

Quote:
Urban Dictionary:

dank basement


a dark ,moist,smelly, place.the ass hole. a spot where a tongue doesn't want to be
damn! I smell gummy butt. who's got the dank basement?
asshole anal tongue darts wet fart fudgie yuck

OmSigDAVID
 
  1  
Reply Sun 10 Apr, 2011 09:09 pm
@contrex,
I protest your posting material in such bad taste as the perverted last 3 lines
of your Urban Dictionary quote; that 's impolite to offend the sensibilities of your fellow members hereof.

We did not do that to U!





David
0 Replies
 
NSFW (view)
parados
 
  0  
Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2011 06:08 am
@TuringEquivalent,
TuringEquivalent wrote:




You act like a bitch to everyone. This piss me off a lot. I see you for what you are, and you will not **** with me. I will ******* destroy you, and make your time here hell. Do you understand?

Only more evidence of your aggressive nature Turing. Perhaps the problem is not with others. It might be that you are intolerable to be around.
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

 
  1. Forums
  2. » When is it ok to fight back? Will the court judge me harshly if I hurt them bad?
Copyright © 2021 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 07/24/2021 at 08:15:32