Computer shut down problem

peter jeffrey cobb

Mon 11 Apr, 2011 10:01 pm
@dadpad,
hehe nope I dint put any liquids in there. Hehe funny. But anyways
I still have the problem. Could it be a virus or something kind of program doing this? When I decomp files it seems to help. Any ideas?
dadpad

Tue 12 Apr, 2011 12:22 am
@peter jeffrey cobb,
Our best guess is that its a problem with overheating probably of the power pack. You should take the computer to a repair shop and ask them to take a look and replace the defective parts.
peter jeffrey cobb

Wed 13 Apr, 2011 02:47 am
@dadpad,
Thank you. Is gona have to wait for a bit. Ill have to limp it along for the time being.
peter jeffrey cobb

Sun 1 May, 2011 10:29 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
Well after several moths of trying evrething I finaly figured out the problem. I have one of those power strips extension cords with several outlets. It seem energy was building up in there. I was shutting of the computer but not the power strip. Now I shut it off and the problem seemed to disapear. So the comp is fine it was an external problem yays Thank you all for the help
Butrflynet

Mon 2 May, 2011 12:01 am
@peter jeffrey cobb,
You might want to replace the power strip, especially if you are expecting it to provide any kind of surge protection for your computer.
peter jeffrey cobb

Mon 2 May, 2011 05:58 pm
@Butrflynet,
Excelent Idea thank you Smile
peter jeffrey cobb

Wed 11 May, 2011 09:51 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
Turns out it wasnt the power strip. It keept doing the same thing so I shut It off and disconected it. Sprayed it with the compressed air and when I went to turned it back on. The green light of the back turned on but not the front. ( ohh geez I done broke it I thought to myself) Got myself ready to go to buy a new one and decided to try again still no light in the front but one in the back. So I pressed down on all the conections inside the computer. And woolaaa. Fixed has been several days and no more crashing problem. So after all that it came down to a lose or corroded conection.
0 Replies

SamantaB

Wed 27 Sep, 2017 05:39 am
@peter jeffrey cobb,
It's simple, your computer overheats, try to replace the thermal paste.
tsarstepan

Wed 27 Sep, 2017 11:16 am
@SamantaB,
SamantaB wrote:

It's simple, your computer overheats, try to replace the thermal paste.

Yeah. And completely VOID your warranty! Laughing
0 Replies