Freedom of Religion On Trial Once More in The USA

Reply Tue 5 Apr, 2011 08:43 pm
How do you feel about this? Yay or nay?

As for me, stuff like this should not even be entertained by any court in the USA. The problem, as I see it, is we have too many judges who will give this farce more seriousness than it deserves in this country. It should be tossed.

http://www.projo.com/news/content/CRANSTON_PRAYER_LAWSUIT_04-05-11_HINCG5L_v55.1af71b3.html
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 927 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 5 Apr, 2011 09:58 pm
@Renaldo Dubois,
We happen to be in a period of our nation's history when anti-religion gadflies are acorded meaningful status.

The HS sopmore's complaint alleges that the prayer banner makes her feel “excluded, ostracized and devalued by her school because she does not share or agree with the religious expression conveyed by the prayer.”

What an utter crock.

We have lost our collective senses in entertaining these absurdly pissant complaints.

Ionus

Reply Tue 5 Apr, 2011 11:51 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
We had one clown in Oz who banned religious sentiment at Christmas time in a shopping centre for which he was the manager . It embarrassed the hell out of even atheists . He was left standing alone to apologise for his over exuberance....dont know if he kept his job though....he really thought he was being politically correct .
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 6 Apr, 2011 02:21 am
I see nothing wrong with this, apart from the claim for personal damages, which a court may well not award. It violates the establishment clause, and covering the banner wouild not violate the free exercise clause. Just something for the reactionaries to get their little lace panties in a twist over--an excuse for phony outrage.

Since all students are still free to exercise their personal religious beliefs, as guaranteed by the constitution, it is utter bullshit that freedom of religion is "on trial."
0 Replies