Arab Spring

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2011 11:29 pm
http://www.newsrealblog.com/2011/04/01/arab-spring-male-on-female-atrocity-in-gaza-disappeared-by-the-western-media/

http://www.newsrealblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/asma_color_enhanced_cropped_resized_1.jpg

Quote:

Last month, at least eight Muslim Palestinian female journalists were physically beaten with clubs, iron chairs, and fists, stabbed, and tortured with electric shocks by male Hamas security forces in the Gaza strip. Their cell phones, laptops, documents, and cameras were confiscated. They were also arrested. Some were forced to sign a document “pledging to refrain from covering such events again.”...

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,088 • Replies: 3
No top replies

dadpad

Reply Sun 3 Apr, 2011 12:58 am
I imagine a lot of black people were bashed when they were trying to get the vote in America and to remove segregation.

I dont see this as a men bash women thing. I see it more as a journalist suffering for a cause.
Pretty damn ugly whichever way you look at it.

Not much attention given to The UN workers killed by militant Afganis after the koran burning. Was this because it was an American hate Pastor who caused the problem in the first place?
I despise the hate mongers and power grabbers whichever side they are on.
all I am saying is give peace a chance
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 3 Apr, 2011 01:03 am
@gungasnake,
What point are you trying to make.?.......the other people's democracy does not always go the way we want or expect? I think we learned that pretty well when Hammas won the Gaza Strip elections.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sun 3 Apr, 2011 07:33 am
@dadpad,
Quote:
I dont see this as a men bash women thing. I see it more as a journalist suffering for a cause.

The "cause(TM)":

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evil

Quote:
...Evil
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For other uses, see Evil (disambiguation).

The neutrality of this article is disputed. Please see the discussion on the talk page. Please do not remove this message until the dispute is resolved. (January 2011)
Evil is the intention or effect of causing harm or destruction[citation needed], usually specifically from the perception of deliberately violating some moral code. Evil is usually seen as the opposite of good. The philosophical question of whether morality is absolute or relative leads to questions about the nature of evil, with views falling into one of four opposed camps: [[moral abso[1]lutism]], amoralism, moral relativism, and moral universalism.

The root meaning of the word is of obscure origin though shown to be akin to modern English "over" and modern German über (OE ofer) and "up" (OE up, upp) with the basic idea of transgressing.....

0 Replies