Rainsoft EC4 Setup

wad fsj

Mon 19 Dec, 2011 08:16 am
@wad fsj,
I managed to figure out how to access the program myself - via trial and error.
(buttons 1 - 5 are from left to right, with the center button being labelled manual regen)

Step 1) Unplug and plug in the unit (power cycle)
Step 2) Hold buttons 1 + 5 as it boots
Step 3) You will be prompted for a password - I tried a lot of combinations and after 3 tries it kicks you out. My password was: button 5, button 5 (I assume some installers will change this password)
Step 4) You are prsented with two options: Install Setup & Maintenance Setup

I picked install setup and was able to navigate until I found the drinking water setting, and reset the alarm (FINALLY) for another year Smile

I was also able to modify the hardness settings too. I don't recommend messing with the settings too much, as it looks like you can make some changes that will really impact how the unit operates in a negative way.
0 Replies

wad fsj

Tue 20 Dec, 2011 08:37 am
I managed to figure out how to access the program myself - via trial and error.
(buttons 1 - 5 are from left to right, with the center button being labelled manual regen)

Step 1) Unplug and plug in the unit (power cycle)
Step 2) Hold buttons 1 + 5 as it boots
Step 3) You will be prompted for a password - I tried a lot of combinations and after 3 tries it kicks you out. My password was: button 5, button 5 (I assume some installers will change this password)
Step 4) You are prsented with two options: Install Setup & Maintenance Setup

I picked install setup and was able to navigate until I found the drinking water setting, and reset the alarm (FINALLY) for another year

I was also able to modify the hardness settings too. I don't recommend messing with the settings too much, as it looks like you can make some changes that will really impact how the unit operates in a negative way.
0 Replies

gmichal

Mon 26 Dec, 2011 03:22 pm
I have a Rainsoft EC4 75 controller on my system, which is about 2 years old. It is a digital controller. Can you send me a service manual at [email protected]? I have several issues at the moment (drinking filter alarm goes off every day, unit regenerates and then controller never shuts off discharge water, water hardness has changed, etc.) and hate to pay someone to come out when I can easily address the problem myself.
0 Replies

dmwisniewski

Mon 23 Apr, 2012 02:50 pm
Hi H20 and team,

I have recently purchased an ECV 50 system from a friend and also need to adjust the hardness and iron settings.

Please email me the service manual: [email protected]

Thanks!
David
0 Replies

sbevan

Sat 28 Jul, 2012 10:36 am
@chezaj2007,
H2O Man,

I could really use the manual for the EC4 as well. Can you send it to me? Thanks,

[email protected]
0 Replies

makmak

Mon 17 Sep, 2012 04:56 pm
Hi there.. I really need the installation manual as well for the EC4 makmak3030(at)netzero(dot)net. Thanks!!
0 Replies

Habsfan11nf

Fri 12 Oct, 2012 05:11 pm
I could also use a copy of the manual. I would like to know how to access the maintenance and install setup. Could you please send along both manuals. My e-mail address is habsfan11nf(at)yahoo.ca.

Thanks,

S
0 Replies

weaston

Thu 30 May, 2013 12:15 pm
@H2O MAN,
I just bought a used Rain Soft EC4 75 CT and would like to set it up to my hardness and iron levels. Does anyone have a service manual or how to progrm this?
Thanks
[email protected]
0 Replies

networx44

Sun 16 Jun, 2013 12:05 pm
@H2O MAN,
Hi H2O Man. Do you have a programing and operators manual for the rainsoft gold series? It is the new onbe that is not brass.

Thanks,
[email protected]
0 Replies

comanchezimmie

Sat 26 Oct, 2013 04:26 pm
@gangadin,
I too have an Ec4 digitally controlled water softener and would like to change the hardness setting. Could you please email me the instructions - my email address is [email protected] .
0 Replies

Al Gunn

Fri 10 Jan, 2014 11:09 am
@H2O MAN,
Hello,

I also have a RainSoft EC4 (digital) and am trying to find out how to set the hardness level myself. Seems this is well-kept secret with RS dealers?
Thansk
0 Replies

tjiscookin

Thu 6 Feb, 2014 06:54 pm
@H2O MAN,
I have the ec4 computer head and have forgot how to set the hardness. Can you help? [email protected]
thorton22

Thu 27 Mar, 2014 08:33 am
@tjiscookin,
I would also appreciate those instructions if you could be so kind! Thanks!
[email protected]
0 Replies

thorton22

Thu 27 Mar, 2014 08:34 am
@H2O MAN,
I would also appreciate those instructions if you could be so kind! Thanks!
[email protected]
0 Replies

sumyungmann

Thu 2 Oct, 2014 05:55 pm
@H2O MAN,
If its not too much trouble, can you email me the EC-4 installation manual ? I have the owners manual, but really need the installers manual.
thank you
0 Replies

bill burton

Wed 12 Nov, 2014 04:52 pm
@H2O MAN,
Can you send me the instructions for the EC4?
[email protected]
0 Replies

ChristopherMHatch

Tue 6 Jan, 2015 02:02 am
I think the pdf manual can also be helpful for installation process of cs4 series
http: // www. rainsoftofcolumbus.com/Rainsoft-Manuals/RainSoft-Manual-EC4.pdf
0 Replies

mayalve44

Fri 8 Apr, 2016 09:54 am
@H2O MAN,
Hi H2O Man. Do you have a copy of the installer manual?

I have went thru all the settings, service, installer and owner and cannot find where on the Rainsoft EC4 Digital model that the salt dosage/usage can be adjusted.

Help!!!
My unit is regenerating every day and using 100lbs of salt a week.
0 Replies

LandonBin

Tue 12 Apr, 2016 02:49 am
@nach,
Finally found a web page that alluded to the answer. On the front panel of the control unit there is a small raindrop. While touching the raindrop (it doesn't look like a button), push the program/enter button. It will cycle through the factory settings, such as capacity and hardness.
0 Replies

Spock47

Sun 7 Oct, 2018 09:22 am
@H2O MAN,
I need to change the hardness level of my system, could you please send instruction on how to do this.
Thanks
[email protected]
0 Replies