NO CONFIDENCE AND DISSOLUTION . . .

Ceili

Reply Sun 27 Mar, 2011 12:53 pm
@farmerman,
Good question. This page answers it better that I could, as I don't speak old English or Scandinavian languages...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Riding_%28country_subdivision%29
Ooops, sorry dj, didn't see your answers.

By the by, just for clarification, prorogation take place at the end of any legislative session. Traditionally, all bills and or government work should be finished by then. Harper though, has abused this process by calling for it twice during the middle of the session, putting anything tabled back to square one. In essence, doubling the amount of work or in some cases completely dismissing and forgetting important bills while in the midst of them being decided upon.

I just found out today that Gilles Duceppe used to be an actor. Did not know this. I must say, if he was running in this province I would probably vote for the man, he has great stage presence and timing. I loved how he ripped into Harper over the Coalition letter. Sadly though, he wants to tear my country apart. So, I'm stuck with three choices, none of which I like.

djjd62

Reply Sun 27 Mar, 2011 12:56 pm
@Ceili,
no green party candidates out your way
Ceili

Reply Sun 27 Mar, 2011 01:00 pm
@djjd62,
I live in Alberta!! lol
I'm not sure yet if their are any in my area yet. I'll keep a look out. I can't stand the tory candidate.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Sun 27 Mar, 2011 01:14 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

they've got about 600 likes on FB

that's not much oomph

Thanks for letting me know. I still have hopes that the Online Party of Canada will blaze some kind of a trail for participatory democracy.
ehBeth

Reply Sun 27 Mar, 2011 01:18 pm
@wandeljw,
just under 180,000 people have done the online political compass at the CBC site I linked to earlier
Ceili

Reply Sun 27 Mar, 2011 03:52 pm
@ehBeth,
Almost at 195 000. Just took it. I'm with the lefties too. Should be voting green, just scared that if I do it will split the vote in favour of the Tories. This used to be the only red riding in AB. It shifts between NDP and Conservatives provincially. I have to do some research on the candidates. I can't stand the gun nut we have in the riding at the moment.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Sun 27 Mar, 2011 04:17 pm
@farmerman,
I think that would be l'homie
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Sat 9 Apr, 2011 01:04 pm
ehBeth

Reply Sat 9 Apr, 2011 01:06 pm
@Ceili,
ha! love it