HELP

A-ana

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2003 09:35 pm
I have these 2 journals one was about plastic rings for soda cans how would you make use of them? eg: volley ball net

Another is if automobiles were electric and could only run 2 hours without being recharge what could happen? (list as many as u can)

I'm puzzled with these two journals can anyone help me?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,739 • Replies: 11
No top replies

Wy

Reply Wed 31 Dec, 2003 02:04 am
The Bubble Man, here where I live, connects a bunch of 6-pack rings into a big rectangle and puts them into bubble juice, then waves them to make millions of bubbles...
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Wed 31 Dec, 2003 11:35 am
I've seen plastic rings made into, fences, storage bags, tacky light covers, decorations and sound dampeners in a studio.

I usually cut mine up <saves the birds> and recycle.
0 Replies

TwistedFerret

Reply Wed 31 Dec, 2003 10:47 pm
I usually hang them up on my clothesline to dry. And put them in the washer when they've been naughty, but they're usually quite good. Put that down: "Make good pets."
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2004 02:05 pm
My mother in law used to cut the plastic soda rings from each other...into the circular shape that thier in...and use wooden screwers to make flowers. They were really pretty. You cut them....fold them in half and poke over the screwer...afterwards, when the flower was big enough....you spray painted.
0 Replies

A-ana

Reply Fri 2 Jan, 2004 04:38 pm
Thanx you guys I wrote it all down.Smile Can you help me with the second one please. I hope I'm not asking for too much.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 2 Jan, 2004 04:52 pm
On the second one, the freeways of Southern California would be littered with stranded commuters and their dead batteries, for one thing.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Fri 2 Jan, 2004 05:13 pm
Quote:
Another is if automobiles were electric and could only run 2 hours without being recharge what could happen?

How long would a recharge take?
If it was quick... well roads would probably quieter, more road side 'charge stations' would be needed. Might be a boon to local economies and tourism. Road trips would take longer, however rest stops would prove beneficial because fewer people would fall asleep while driving.

Would the vehicle still need oil? antifreeze?
If not, there would be less oil spills, air pollution and poisons from the production, transportation and the use of fossil fuels. Electric energy, being higher in demand would become cheaper and cleaner to produce as fuel consumption petered out. Trickle down effect.

Jeepers I could go on, but I'm not even sure If I'm headed in the right direction.
0 Replies

A-ana

Reply Tue 6 Jan, 2004 10:30 am
Thanx
Thanx everyone for your help. Smile
0 Replies

Wy

Reply Tue 6 Jan, 2004 04:07 pm
Just dithering around in my mind...

Depends on how fast the cars go, as well as how long to recharge. At the same speeds as gasoline-powered cars, there might not be too much limitation, especially with fast recharge.

But if the cars could only go, say, 35 mph, your driving area would be proscribed... and an 8-hour recharge would be way different than a 15-minute recharge (or faster).

A fast recharge could be accomplished by replacing the empty batteries with full ones. Then the batteries might belong to the recharge company; you'd be limited as to which places you could stop.

If recharges were limited to plugging into an outlet for eight hours or more, it would eliminate automobiles as long-distance transportation. Trucks, too? How would goods be transported?
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2004 02:07 pm
Help
Just one thing though - if you don't use the plastic rings, or have some left over from a project, do cut them in half before throwing them away. Left whole, they can be fatal for birds, fish, and other creatures that accidentally get caught in them or accidentally try to swallow them.
0 Replies

Shadowless-Nightmare

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2004 01:25 pm
First of all if you could only you an electric battery for two hours without getting recharged whats the point of buying the car. It's like a disposable camera that fell in a bucket of water. So my guess is no one would buy it. And for the plastic rings, I would collect some and place them infront of the doorstep of 'Save The Animals Foundation' because if harmless animals are being caught in this thing they must be incredably stupid and probebly deserve to die. (Kidding)
0 Replies