short story TAKE ME FOR GRANTED PART ONE

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2003 04:22 pm
I don't know how I'm going to tell him. One things for sure he's going to be shocked and angry, but he will have to be told now, rather than later. No more sneaking around, pretending to go shopping or committee meetings. The strain is to much and it's beginning to tell on me. After all I'm not getting any younger.

It's my own fault really, running after him the way I have. Playing hostess to his business associates and their wifes. It was no joke being nice and sweetness itself, with a fixed smile on my face and making small talk at the many boring dinner partys that I had to organise. Well not any more I have had enough and when he comes in tonight I'm going to tell him. I hope he's not to late, because if he is I know I will lose my nerve and won't go through with it.

For years I have jumped to his every whim. What he wanted or needed, he got, no thought to how I got it or the sacrifices I made. In fact he took everything for granted and still does, he could be so selfish at times. If he didn't get his own way he would go into one of his moods and start hurling abuse at me,calling me uncaring and not wanting him to succeed in his career. Then there was his favorite word.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 659 • Replies: 3
No top replies

K VEE SHANKER

Reply Fri 2 Jan, 2004 08:51 am
Confused Is it a reflection of some experience or just an impersonal write up? If it's a real issue then I will respond differently.
0 Replies

nells1961

Reply Fri 2 Jan, 2004 11:52 am
it is not an experince just something i put together,but i thank-you for your comments
0 Replies

K VEE SHANKER

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2004 08:39 am
Sad I've not observed the Part-I qualification in the title that I noted subsequently.I'm curious to know the reason for splitting the story.
0 Replies