To Peter Frouman

Reply Sat 19 Mar, 2011 06:37 am
I wrote you about three long letters a few years ago when we first began to communicate, but I never sent them. It seemed to me that you already had your mind made up about us, and for this reason I didn't really feel I was in a position to change it. However, I have reflected seriously about all of the past events and with my husband we have attempted to differentiate what we believe were serious misunderstandings, and our true intentions as to the events of the past. Just to fill you in, we have been living on our own for over 12 years. We conserve our beliefs in the Lord and have friends in and out of the Family. We still read Family publications as well as other writings by authors we have discovered that speak to us deeply, and in truth, our current journey is to do our best to help humanity in the way we feel led, without professing any group or specific faith. I was living in NY for two years, alone, (my son was ill and I went to accompany him) and during that time I had contact with young ex members; it helped me to grow in my understanding of how they felt growing up in the Family. I have tried to give an ear to every different side of things, no matter how painful or sad. I am thankful to have been exposed to others' experiences and the opportunity to learn so much.

Our wish is to discuss these things with you very honestly and from both sides. I don't pretend that from one day to another you will adopt a different opinion of us, but I do believe in at least trying to communicate. So, from my heart, I ask why you continue to target us online after so many years when we were already judged by a court of law that meticulously explored the accusations and came up with a firm and credible verdict? The articles that you have posted about us were written by third parties who were influenced by others and barely knew us, and are full of unproven statements and exaggerations. As I mentioned to you previously, our foundation and humanitarian work have been severely affected by what is posted, and so I appeal to you to rethink your position and give us a fair and just chance to present the other side of the story, if not for our sakes, for the sake of those we are reaching out to in a third world country where people need so much help. Don't you think enough sorrow and pain have prevailed?

Respectfully yours,

Paloma ( my name is the same as it always has been, sometimes I use my legal name)
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,612 • Replies: 2

Robert Gentel

Reply Sat 19 Mar, 2011 03:46 pm
@findaway,
Paloma,

You probably want to post that to the xFamily forum here:

http://groups.able2know.org/xfamily/
findaway

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2011 08:25 am
@Robert Gentel,
Thank you Robert, I hope I posted it in the right place. I am having a hard time understanding how the site works.
0 Replies