Know any good hair products for curly hair?

Linkat

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2011 12:23 pm
My daughter has curly hair. Her hair gets quite frizzy (especially in the winter) and we are looking for a hair product that will help with the frizzies, but without making her sticky. Anyone have a great product?

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2011 12:26 pm
@Linkat,
Haha, I would normally tag this 'viral marketing spam.'

My wife uses Biosilk - it ain't cheap but it makes her hair look gorgeous with no frizzies pretty much ever.

Cycloptichorn
shewolfnm

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2011 12:43 pm
i have naturally curly hair. I use dove conditioner and their hair lotion works wonders, but for me it takes A LOT . Does not leave my hair feeling greasy.
3.00 and some change for a bottle.
I have also used Garnier , but i dont like its smell and you have to wash your hair every day to use that stuff. I dont do that.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2011 12:51 pm
@Linkat,
My kid has curly/ wavy hair that tends towards the frizzies too. She uses Herbal Essences and it really seems to work pretty well. They have two, a violet and a purple, "totally twisted" and something with "tousled" in the name. Edit: "Tousle me softly." Weird names but they work well and aren't that pricey.

I also just started using moroccan oil on my own wavy hair and that's been working pretty well. But it's expensive.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2011 12:57 pm
I have curly hair, and i recommend Paul Mitchell's Awapui shampoo. It used to be that you could only buy that in a salon, but now i believe you can buy it in stores. It ain't cheap, though . . .

It's very good for dry hair, which is why curly hair gets frizzy. It doesn't leave any residue behind.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2011 01:04 pm
Get this book. It saved my sanity:

http://ak2.ostkcdn.com/images/products/muze/books/P9780761156789.jpg

0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2011 01:19 pm
I have oily hair and very wavy hair that always gets madly tangled when I shampoo. I've never been able to use most conditioners because they leave my hair limp and feeling just as oily as it was before I shampooed. I've tried a lot of brands and variations within brands. What I finally found and have been using for many years is Suave's Lavender and Lilac conditioner. It only takes a dime size amount and it untangles the snarls after shampoo. Best of all every bit of it rinses out without any sticky residue and I can then let my hair air dry before combing. I usually wait until it is on sale and then buy a year supply of 4 bottles at a dollar each.

0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2011 01:59 pm
Thanks - I have very straight hair so this isn't an issue for me. I've bought her some stuff that you put in your hair - some sort of cream and it makes her hair look really nice, but it is sticky so she can't stand it.

Seeing she is 12 - and usually just puts her hair in a pony tail - being the sports girl she is - I'd rather not pay an arm and a leg for good it. I see about some of the cheapo ones. I tend to like Dove products (use the soap) so I may start there.
0 Replies

ROBOTUNICORNZ

Reply Sat 29 Sep, 2012 11:07 am
@Cycloptichorn,
what type of Biosilk does she use???
0 Replies