Where are we going after this earth is destroyed?

Lustig Andrei

Reply Mon 29 Aug, 2011 11:25 pm
@parados,
I take it all back. Yer right. There's no mind involved there.

D'ya know why so many New Yorkers suffer from chronic depression?

They've realized that the light at the end of the (Lincoln) tunnel is . . .New Joisey!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2011 12:25 am
@bjhulk,
Quote:
Many ideas are out there about this earth being destroyed but I never hear about what happens to us. Do you have any idea where we go after we die or what we'll do when we get there?

It will not be in my lifetime, but ....

I would assume we will simply move on to rape, pillage & destroy the next habitable planet. Just as we did on planet earth.
I'm sure we will have found another planet to move onto by that time.
That will be an urgent necessity for us humans to survive. After all, we are the only creatures that matter, yes?

We humans don't seem to learn anything much of importance about anything but ourselves, our own selfish interests, in our own lifetimes. Despite the desperate efforts of those wise souls who have (quite rightly) tried to tell us different.
We just don't seem to care.
msolga

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2011 12:38 am
@msolga,
If that sounds a very cynical response to this question, I think the real questions is: what are we going to do to save the planet we're actually living on? Right now.
And not just for human beings.

We can actually try to do something about that, you know.

hamilton

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2011 08:44 pm
@msolga,
save, as in preserve?
or save as in fix?

personally, I'm thinking a few (alot) of major changes. Dont ask me what, I have no right to know what is best for the human race, or make decisions that affect it in a dramatic way. I also cant think of any right now.
msolga

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2011 08:58 pm
@hamilton,
Save as in save.
As opposed to "destroyed".
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2011 09:21 pm
What you mean is 'Where are we going to go after the earth is no longer habitable by human beings, and our food sources?' I'm not interested in that answer. Regarding what we could do when we approach the Earth really getting destroyed....well....

The earth should be around until the Sun goes into supernova, which by current estimates is around 4 billion years from now.

If human beings can survive for a few more mellinia I think we're well on our way to learning to colonize throughout our own solar system. Going into other galaxies is a whole different matter....but maybe a few more mellinia and we'll have figured out how to do that too.

Hopefully we can keep from killing ourselves before then.
hamilton

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2011 09:40 pm
@maporsche,
that makes sense.
well, i dont intend to be there for alot of that stuff...
0 Replies

Lovee-4ever

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 08:43 pm
@bjhulk,
We will be going to either the Lake of Fire or Heaven. It is written in the bible that those whose names have been written in God's Book of Life will reside in paradise(Heaven), the rest will be sent to suffer an eternity with satan in the Lake of Fire. Of course, some reject this scenario because they lack the ability to have faith in the things they can't see. It's quite sad.
0 Replies

GracieGirl

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 10:05 pm
Im going to chai's house. Laughing Laughing Razz
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2011 02:27 am
I wish all the holy rollers would rapture their pathetic asses up out of here, and leave the decent, sane people alone. I'll see at Chai's house, Gracie.
GracieGirl

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2011 09:21 am
@Setanta,
Hahahaha!! See ya there! Very Happy
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2011 09:58 am
@bjhulk,
Quote:
Do you have any idea where we go after we die

Disney-World!
0 Replies