heroin addict- father of two- restricted parenting time ordered

bmaRI75

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2011 11:15 pm
My ex (dad) just was busted as a heroin addict. I filed a motion with the courts to restrict parenting time- last time he used he was with the kids! Over the next forty days he has to prove to the judge what he has done to recover/get help. She advised to get counsleing, go to narcotics anonymous, relapse program, initiate supervised visits,etc. We go back to court in 40 days to see what he has does. He has a life history of drug addictions- just this heroin addiction takes the prize. He is not an attentive dad as is- on his time only- doesn't have kids best interest in mind. Were do I stand with his recovery chances? Will he be able to do it? Will he prosue the kids? He is possibly just becoming employed again after ten months of unemployment with a back pay to the government of $14,000. Hew has no prospectes, home, income (maybe family help). What are the chances he may resume regular visits with the boys on the next court date. Hopefully not for a couple months of rehab are my thoughts? Any other ones?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 737 • Replies: 2
No top replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2011 07:55 am
It's in the hands of the court now. The judge will have evidence (medical or historical) as to whether or not he is "clean." Then the judge will decide. right now, your ex has no power or influence over the court unless he gets straight.

Heroin is very hard to kick. Your ex may not even want to stop his using. Many people function at work and in society, yet use heroin. But that doesn't last long. The drug takes over. Plus there's lots of danger from using dirty needles and the mal nutrition issues.

Only he can decide what means more to him: his kids or being high.

0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2011 08:32 am
@bmaRI75,
Quote:
What are the chances he may resume regular visits with the boys on the next court date.

Regarding the legal issues here, what does your lawyer advise you on these matters? That is your best source for answers to the important issue you list.
0 Replies