What effect would freezing time have on one's aging?

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2011 04:20 pm
Hypotheitically, if you could freeze time, and move freely while everything else around you was frozen in time, would you age or age very gradually?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 4,642 • Replies: 38
No top replies

contrex

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2011 04:47 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

Hypotheitically, if you could freeze time, and move freely while everything else around you was frozen in time, would you age or age very gradually?

This is a fantasy thing, so nobody can give you a "right" answer, however, if you are developing a science-fiction plot the lazy way, here's my take: If you could "move around freely" then time would not be "frozen" for you, only for everybody else, and you would age at the rate of one hour per hour of your subjective time. So best not to do it for too long, because you would seem to get older awfully fast in the eyes of everybody else. They'd probably think you had some terminal disease. By the way, that's not how you spell "hypothetically".
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2011 04:55 pm
I would think you would age much slower than everyone else- you'd be moving around in what woould probably be nanoseconds to everyone else.
farmerman

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2011 08:29 pm
@JGoldman10,
Your freezing time would be based upon the temperature and wind exposure that you suffered. Ive heard that you can freeze in as little as 45 minutes . If you froze solid, you probably wouldnt age much but what good would it do? Youre not a leaopard frog or a spring peeper that has antifreeze in its system.
JTT

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2011 09:30 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
Youre not a leaopard frog or a spring peeper that has antifreeze in its system.

That's pretty cool, Farmer, no pun intended. Are there other cold blooded creatures who do the same thing or do they all get buried far enough below frost line that they don't need it?
farmerman

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2011 11:48 pm
@JTT,
several frogs have increased saline/glucose in their blood as an antifreeze and some frogs just reeze solid. The ones that freeze solid will just magically come to lofe when their entire system is above 32
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2011 12:17 am
@farmerman,
That's not what I meant as freezing time-I meant objects being put in a state of suspended animation. Everything except you was stationary for a fixed period of time.
contrex

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2011 12:54 am
@JGoldman10,
This is such a very stupid thread, that only a dumb troll like Goldman could have started it. I seriously suggest ignoring it and him.
JGoldman10

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2011 01:18 am
@farmerman,
I take that back-that is good. If time is frozen would you have to be concerned about gravity or air resistance or friction?
JGoldman10

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2011 01:20 am
What effect would freezing time have on your metabolism?
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2011 01:27 am
Would you move the way you normally would if time around you wasn't frozen?
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2011 01:34 am
Also how long would the freezing last? Would it be long term or short term? Would the people and animals being frozen have any recollection of what happened to them prior to be being suspended in time?
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2011 01:37 am
@farmerman,
No offense intended.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2011 04:19 am
@contrex,
STOP TROLLING THIS THREAD.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2011 04:20 am
Do you people remember the Back to the Future movies? Freezing time is a concept that wasn't explored in those films.
farmerman

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2011 06:09 am
@JGoldman10,
Quote:
STOP TROLLING THIS THREAD.

k
JGoldman10

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2011 07:10 am
@farmerman,
I was talking to contrex, not you.

Your input makes sense.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2011 07:16 am
@farmerman,
Would entropy play any part in freezing time?
contrex

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2011 12:00 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman, you are posting just idiotic crap, and mostly just answering yourself. Time you found some sand to pound.
JGoldman10

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2011 12:02 pm
@contrex,
Those are hypothetical SCIENTIFIC QUESTIONS. If you think this thread is STUPID you are TAKING IT WAY TOO SERIOUSLY.

I take it you don't know too much about physics, or the properties of spacetime or time travel paradoxes.