ANNOUNCE YOUR NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTION HERE!

Ceili

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2003 04:18 pm
Amen, Farmer.

Go to bed earlier, improve diet, workout more, write and walk.
0 Replies

shepaints

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2003 06:16 pm
I did some volunteer work today (only 2 hours).....
For me it made the Christmas season much more
meaningful. Yes, I could donate some $$$$, but it's
not the same for me.

My New Year's resolution is to donate some time
4 times a year.....That I can probably cope with,
unlike trying to donate hours every week....
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2003 06:51 pm
Msolga--

After twenty five years I still have moments when I must banish the ghost of my first husband. He still materializes, but I'm getting very clever about dispatching him to the golden sands, the quicksands.

My mother was wont to quote her grandmother, "Why I wouldn't give "that" (usually a knick knack) house room. It's not worth dusting.

If the SOB isn't worth dusting, give him the gate. He's not worth house room.

Perhaps in a private ceremony on New Year's Eve you could inscribe his name on the back of an old envelope, burn the envelope and flush the ashes?
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2003 08:19 pm
Record deal, big cd release party that all the A2K'ers are invited to, and Cirkus logo tattoos for everyone on the house.

that'll return my zest for life.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2003 08:40 pm
msolga---you and Mrs F. She feeds them cats the Beluga Bits seafood treat with truffle florets and the damn cat looks at it like were trying to whack her. So we give it to the dog and he eats the plate too. we dont have a nice balance of animal diets here. The one cat likes dry dog food. He likes to play with each kibble before eating. The other cat wants only a chicken paste thing that looks like meat colored jello. I dont know, Its not my department. I just treat the dogs when they show us new tricks, like holing up the Fed Ex guy,
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2003 08:36 pm
Grand Duke wrote:
eoe wrote:
The thing about being single is that it means every relationship you've ever had has ultimately been a failure.

Not sure about that, GD. Maybe it just means you were smart enough to get out in time! Some people get hooked into bad relationships for life. You've known a few, too, haven't you?

Count your blessings that your new year won't be filled with such.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2003 08:51 pm
shepaints wrote:
I did some volunteer work today (only 2 hours).....
For me it made the Christmas season much more
meaningful. Yes, I could donate some $$$$, but it's
not the same for me.

My New Year's resolution is to donate some time
4 times a year.....That I can probably cope with,
unlike trying to donate hours every week....

That's excellent, shepaints. I've been thinking along the same lines, too, though not certain of where to direct my time. If you don't mind me asking, what was the nature of your voluntary work?
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2003 08:53 pm
Noddy24

My own private exorcism? hmmmm, now that's a thought! Very Happy
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2003 08:58 pm
Sounds like never a dull/predictable moment with your critters, farmerman! Laughing How do you think Mrs F & I can wean ourselves off the habit of buying this expensive garbage? How long can we hold out when the cats refuse to eat a cheaper variety? And why can't our cats be as simply pleased as your dog? Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

NeoGuin

Reply Wed 31 Dec, 2003 07:31 pm
A bit last minute but. . .

1. Find a job where I can use my CS degree.

2. Read at least one book a month for 12 months; Hegemony Or Survival by Noam Chomsky is January's!

3. Get in a bit better shape; Arms and Legs are OK, core needs a bit of work. Need to lay off the fried foods as well.

4. Learn to control my mind a bit better (I'll explain if necessary)

5. Develop a demo for a game.

6. Turn my web page into a portal Twisted Evil
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 31 Dec, 2003 08:16 pm
Hey, doing all that is going to keep you very busy & focussed, NeoGuin. Very admirable. But make sure you leave a little room for fun, too. Very Happy
0 Replies

TwistedFerret

Reply Wed 31 Dec, 2003 08:25 pm
No!! No fried foods? Shocked The horror... *faints*
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 31 Dec, 2003 08:29 pm
YES! This is called HEALTHY! Very Happy
0 Replies

TwistedFerret

Reply Wed 31 Dec, 2003 08:42 pm
Oh God... God, no... *whimpers*
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 31 Dec, 2003 08:56 pm
'fraid so! Be strong!
0 Replies

TwistedFerret

Reply Wed 31 Dec, 2003 09:22 pm
Strong.. yes... Must be... Strong... *faints again*
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2004 09:47 am
Well, I didn't make any other than to lose weight and exercise more, but I think I like Col. David Hackworth's, here:

Quote:
Our first New Year's resolution should be to find out if the stated reasons for our pre-emptive strike - Iraq's purported weapons of mass destruction and Saddam's connection with al-Qaeda - constituted a real threat to our national security. Because, contrary to public opinion, the present administration hasn't yet made the case that Saddam and his sadists aided and abetted al-Qaeda's attacks on 9/11. We also need to know why our $30 billion-a-year intelligence agencies didn't read the tea leaves correctly, as well as what's being done besides upgrading the color code to prevent other similar strikes.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2004 10:09 am
Diddie, that could be your campaign slogan. i still am not satisfied with the slate of candidates and if you recall, we did put you up for consideration.

Olga-the catfood thing is disgusting. I have no idea what they pasck in those cans but, I can tell, it aint from this planet.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2004 10:49 am
msolga wrote:
Noddy24

My own private exorcism? hmmmm, now that's a thought! Very Happy

I thought that was a good one, too, Noddy. Might work! It reminded me of how I quit smoking once. It wasn't a New Year's Resolution, and I did have to get kicked in the butt later, but it worked for a few months. It was during one of those by the campfire talking and coughing moments.

We took every cigarette we had, including a couple of (sob) fresh packs, and burned them in the fire. Some of the cigarettes were snapped in half, and suitable things said like "damned coffin nail," etc. The fresh packs went whole. (What a short sentence for what seemed a momentous moment.) If we hadn't burned them in the fire, we'd have burned them through our lungs and that was an epiphany of sorts.

I have a new resolution to go with the others I posted on Clary's thread.* I am going to make some oil paintings and a mural or two -- all new art to me. Here's what I think... Do something new in 2004!

*Have more fun.
*Eat better.
*Have more parties.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2004 03:37 pm
Ah, Piffka! Maybe I should try the cigarette one, too? Rolling Eyes <sigh>

But I love your optimism for the new year & determination to explore new avenues. Go for it! Very Happy
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 06/16/2024 at 10:45:21