canodonald

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2011 02:45 pm
@cicerone imposter,
are they any good?
George

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2011 02:55 pm
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:

Hey which restaurant - I used to live in Reading....

Remember Wes Parker's?
The Manadarin Reading is there now.
MontereyJack

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2011 03:02 pm
Can any of our Canadian members comment on this? Is poutine edible, or in fact good? What about Indian poutine?
From BoingBoing.net:
Quote:
Poutine is a Quebecois delicacy made by combining french fries, gravy and cheese curds; when I was growing up, poutine was strictly Canadian, and you could always amaze foreigners by describing the salty, fatty, starchy goodness to be had from the poutine trucks. But gradually, poutine spread across the world -- first I saw it for sale in LA's Sunset Junction, and then I found it on the menu at a cafe in Mumbai's Juhu Beach (optional toppings included corn, pineapple and chicken frankfurters!). Poutine in India! What could be more global?

Turns out that the poutine-subcontinent fusion is bi-directional: yesterday, in Burger Bar in Toronto's Kensington Market, I spotted "Saag Poutine" on the menu -- "paneer cheese simmered in spices, cream and spinach, served over fries." I don't know what unlikely magic has brought Indian food and Quebecois food together, but it is magic -- albeit of the high-carb, salty sort.
Ceili

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2011 03:05 pm
@MontereyJack,
Poutine should be made with St. Laurent cheese or squeaky cheese, it gives it that sharper edge. Sadly most of the knockoffs uses mozzerella, which is bland.
We call it heart attack in a bowl. Its to die for. yummm.
0 Replies

George

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2011 03:06 pm
@MontereyJack,
I had some poutine five years ago. At my current metabolic rate,
I expect to have it completely digested sometime in 2012.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2011 03:07 pm
@canodonald,
Yeah, and it's probably one of the least costly black angus burgers available. You can get the one with all the trimmings or with bacon.
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2011 03:17 pm
@MontereyJack,
http://www.989thedrive.com/thedrive/wp-content/Food_Poutine_Closeup.jpg

Poutine aka heart-attack-on-a-plate. Like Ceili said, best made with "squeaky" cheese -- cheese curds.

0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2011 03:45 pm
Poutine are so good, i even like the poutine they serve at Burger King.
farmerman

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2011 08:13 pm
@Setanta,
Poutine, rubbed over doughballs, and impaled on no. 7 hooks, makes great carp bait. The cheese gives off a reek and the other **** keeps it sticking together
wayne

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2011 09:56 pm
@farmerman,
I used to make doughballs with wheaties. I've gone back to using canned corn, lots of it, for the chum factor.
Speaking of which, couple more weeks and it'll be warm enough to go burn the drag out of a reel.
farmerman

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2011 11:45 pm
@wayne,
Ivebeen doing early bass fishing when the ice melted.
MontereyJack

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2011 09:06 am
farmer, I hope you weren't ice fishing at the time.
farmerman

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2011 09:10 am
@MontereyJack,
I see trhat youre not a fisherman eh? BAss fishing on the ice would mostly have to be done with explosives, since these fish are mostly in torpor when theres an ice pack.

Ice fishing is for self abusive douchebags, same kind of people that play golf, pinochle, or go bowling.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2011 09:49 am
@George,
Yes! I lived there when Wes Parkers was there! I might have even read that very thing - it sounded quite familar. Also, I was there when that Manadarn first opened.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2011 10:07 am
@liqiong1,
liqiong1 wrote:

what is the most delicious food in USA?

Deep fried chicken with big greasy fries... Laughing
0 Replies

wayne

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2011 05:47 pm
@farmerman,
I got out today and found a couple decent bass, this is coming up on pre-spawn for us. The big girls should start showing up soon. Myfavorite time of year.
farmerman

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2011 06:08 pm
@wayne,
smallies?

Ive gotta work on a coal mine project next week Im gonna serch around for the nearest unfucked up crick and do some smallie fishing before basss season closes on April 16 to June 16(Spawntime)
firefly

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2011 08:24 pm
@liqiong1,
Quote:
what is the most delicious food in USA?

http://www.elements.nb.ca/theme/ecologicalfootprint/ray/cheeseburger.jpg
Cheeseburgers

http://www.cooknutri.com/wp-content/uploads/LOBSTER-ROLLS.jpg
Lobster Rolls

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/62/207708005_33b2e22777.jpg
Key Lime Pie
farmerman

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2011 06:24 am
@firefly,
Lobster rolls. mmmmmmmmmmmm. The only time when the word mayonnaise and lobster can be used together without gaggery
0 Replies