Supporting Dictators

Striver

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2011 03:49 pm

My question is for how long USA Government and its foreign affairs will support dictators in Middle East and USA activist and strivers are so quit?

I would like to talk about three points with the real activist and striver against the injustice who are USA clean and pure people.

The first point
As you know all, today we can see revaluated population in Middle East and that because they are demonstrated by dictators who are supported by USA, Such as Saudi, Egypt, Bahrain, Yemen, and Tunis regimes. So my point here for how long USA will support and stand behind these criminal regimes.

The second point
I have lived in USA for whilst and I have seen really good, pure, morale, and striver people in USA , there for , I am wondering for how long these people will be quit and not going to say no to injustice , since your government standing with the middle east dictators you must stop them from insistent these kind of regimes .
The third point
We all know that USA has big project in Middle east which is spiriting the democratic as USA government said , then why USA support and stand behind these regimes if they are honest of letting middle east having real democracy.

I am Here in middle east and I am send you my voice asking you to handle this message to Mr. Obama that the democracy will come from dealing with population not criminal regimes and, my advice to you Mr. Obama tell your middle east slaves regimes to stop killing, torturing, and humiliating people, otherwise you are the responsible man when you see path of blood and millions of graves in middle.
east

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,606 • Replies: 2
No top replies

roger

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2011 03:58 pm
@Striver,
Striver wrote:

My question is for how long USA Government and its foreign affairs will support dictators in Middle East and USA activist and strivers are so quit?

Yes
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2011 12:00 am
@Striver,
Striver wrote:

As long as American presidents think it is in the best interest of the US and its allies:

1) It keeps the economic life-blood of oil running
2) It maintains even an uneasy peace between Arabs and Israel
3) It prevents radical Islamists from having a greater position of power in their declared war on the West.

Supporting any and all democratic movements can be a tricky affair. Look what "democratic" elections in Gaza produced.

Personally, I'm OK with the people of Gaza voting in a Hamas controlled government, and I think that is was just that they had the chance to vote for whomever they wanted to lead them. By voting in a Hamas regime, they made it clear they they didn't want to be friends with Israel or the US. Again, that was certainly their right.

Unfortunately our current president, and to a lesser extent Republican presidents, are required by global politics to consider the people of Gaza feckless idiots who were somehow tricked by Hamas, rather than the obvious enemies they are.

I would have absolutely no difficulties with the US promoting free elections throughout the region, if it would react logically, and in its interests, when the winners were revealed. Of course this would likely lead, in some cases, to military action which is highly problematic for any American president.

Let's imagine that the US stopped supporting the Saudi family, and free elections resulted in an Iranian style theocracy that was hostile to the US and sought to use oil production as a weapon against it. Do you think America would simply shrug its shoulders and say "Well, that's democracy for you - I guess we'll just have to lower our standard of living?"

Half the people in the US who would right now say, "Yes, that's exactly what we should do," would be joining in the protests and possibly even riots when gas soared to $8.00 a gallon, unemployment soared to 25%, and food costs skyrocketed.

The only real question would be whether they preferred to steamroll environmentalists and "Drill Baby Drill," or Saudis to get the valve opened wide again.

I would like to talk about three points with the real activist and striver against the injustice who are USA clean and pure people.

The first point
As you know all, today we can see revaluated population in Middle East and that because they are demonstrated by dictators who are supported by USA, Such as Saudi, Egypt, Bahrain, Yemen, and Tunis regimes. So my point here for how long USA will support and stand behind these criminal regimes.

I've answered this above

The second point
I have lived in USA for whilst and I have seen really good, pure, morale, and striver people in USA , there for , I am wondering for how long these people will be quit and not going to say no to injustice , since your government standing with the middle east dictators you must stop them from insistent these kind of regimes .

Sounds a lot like your first point...answered above.

The third point
We all know that USA has big project in Middle east which is spiriting the democratic as USA government said , then why USA support and stand behind these regimes if they are honest of letting middle east having real democracy.

That's a good question if you believe the US actually is engaged in a policy of promoting democracy in the Middle East. It may have been under George Bush (but even then it was more sizzle than steak), but it certainly isn't under Barrack Obama.

It is not in the power of the US to "let" the Middle East have democracy, anymore than it is in its power to prevent it.

The US can support, in many different ways, democratic reform in the Middle East, but even when it uses it's vast military to do so (i.e. Iraq) there is no guarantee that democracy with thrive.

I am Here in middle east and I am send you my voice asking you to handle this message to Mr. Obama that the democracy will come from dealing with population not criminal regimes and, my advice to you Mr. Obama tell your middle east slaves regimes to stop killing, torturing, and humiliating people, otherwise you are the responsible man when you see path of blood and millions of graves in middle.
east

Neither Obama nor the American people are responsible for the blood that is flowing in places like Libya. Khadafi is not our slave or even our puppet. Neither, for that matter, was Mubarak.

If the people of Egypt, Tunisia, Libya et al can now rise up to overthrow dictators, they could have done so all along. For different reasons, rebellion now has a better chance then it did before, but ultimately it has always been up to the people of these countries.

Look at how the world reacted when the US decided to overthrow a Middle Eastern dictator in Iraq. It was hardly heralded as a champion of democracy and the Iraqi people. A large percentage of the Iraqi people themselves resent what they consider occupation.

You make the mistake of thinking that the US has god-like powers; that it only need issue a harsh warning, and pull a few strings and the Middle Eastern dictators will fall, and freedom and democracy will reign in the region.

You are angered when the US doesn't exercise the god-like powers you believe it to have, and you are angered when it exercises the extremely formidable, but hardly perfect, power it actually does have.

If it doesn't wave its wand and eliminate all Middle East dictators, you hold it responsible for bloodshed, and if it sends in jets, tanks and troops, you blame it for bloodshed.

Here's a radical idea for good, clean striver people like yourself:

Take charge of your lives, your countries, and your future, and create a society and a nation that the US will be happy to support, and work with towards mutually beneficial goals. America is not responsible for all of your ills and it cannot be responsible for eliminating them all.

0 Replies