Will they ever make a DC vs. Marvel or Marvel vs. DC fighting game?

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2011 11:29 am
They've had Marvel vs. Capcom and Marvel vs. Street Fighter fighting games.
They've had a DC vs. Mortal Kombat game.

Will they ever make a DC vs. Marvel/Marvel vs. DC fighting game? A legit game, not a MUGEN fan-made game like the ones I've seen videos of on Youtube. I am curious.

How come they can do DC/Marvel crossovers in the comics with no problem but making a crossover game would be an issue?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 7,385 • Replies: 7
No top replies

parados

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2011 11:48 am
@JGoldman10,
No.
JGoldman10

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2011 11:55 am
@parados,
Okay-why?
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2011 12:01 pm
@JGoldman10,
it might be interesting, there was this comic book series

DC vs. Marvel Comics (issues #2-3 titled Marvel vs. DC Comics) is a comic book limited series crossover published by DC Comics and Marvel Comics from April to May 1996. The series is written by Ron Marz and Peter David, with art by Dan Jurgens and Claudio Castellini.

Two brothers who personify the DC and Marvel Universes become aware of the other's existence, and challenge each other to a series of duels involving each universe's respective superheroes. The losing universe will cease to exist. The story has an "out of universe" component in that although there are eleven primary battles, (primary six with winners in bold type: Aquaman vs. Namor; Elektra vs. Catwoman; Flash vs. Quicksilver; Robin vs. Jubilee; Silver Surfer vs. Green Lantern; and Thor vs. Captain Marvel) five of the outcomes are determined by fan votes (winners in bold type: Batman vs. Captain America; Spider-Man vs. Superboy; Storm vs. Wonder Woman; Wolverine vs. Lobo; and Superman vs. Hulk).

Marvel Comics receives more votes than DC Comics, although the storyline does not show one side as being victorious. As part of a last-ditch effort to save their worlds, the Spectre and the Living Tribunal were able to briefly force the "brothers" to resolve the situation by temporarily creating a new universe, called the Amalgam Universe, which is occupied by merged versions of many of the heroes (such as Dark Claw, a merging of the characters Batman and Wolverine). An inter-dimensional character called Access eventually manages to restore the universes to their normal state with the aid of Batman and Captain America, the presence of the two heroes- essentially serving as the brothers in miniature, each being unique among their peers- forcing the brothers to recognise how petty their disagreement truly was.
JGoldman10

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2011 12:14 pm
@djjd62,
I KNOW THAT- I read some of the books, I had some of the Amalgam books. There was an Access spin-off also.
djjd62

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2011 07:10 am
@JGoldman10,
but others who look at the topic might not

i wasn't too keen on the amalgam books (i do own them), but quite enjoyed the 4 issue series
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2011 09:02 am
The game would probably be like the DC vs. Marvel series.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2011 12:53 pm
Were the Access books any good?
0 Replies