Manager Taking Advantage Of Me? Please help.

Yippy

Reply Sun 20 Feb, 2011 01:39 am
So awhile back I my friend and I use to live together, we use to semi fool around and stuff, everything seem to be alright. However, after he became a manager of a company, he started to change. I didn't think much of it and eventually he got me a job at the same company. Time went on and his demand for sexual favors started to intermingle with work and personal space and what not. It wasn't fun anymore and he became more and more controlling. Eventually I moved out and he got pissed off because he wanted the rent money for another few months as well as someone to watch his dogs so he could visit other friends. As time went on, we made up and he started to ask for sex again. Foolishly I gave in and continued to do what he asked, sometime leaving my place to go to his, then head to work after.

Eventually, things got bad between us again. Firstly, he tried to get me to perform acts that I was personally unwilling to do and faked trying to let the action happen. Then he did something that he knew I didn't like which made me feel more of a tool then a person. So after that I started looking at others for personal needs. Once again, he then treated me like ****. He mainly got pissed off because I seen someone else one time. Then after having a huge issue, we stopped talking to each other outside of work.
However, at work he started acting different and I felt I was being treated unfairly. No one else really knew what was going on or happened and still don't at this point in time. Eventually he started even bothering me online and saying I wasn't treating him with respect because I wasn't talking to him.

So after a month or so passed, I ended up getting fired from my job with the reasons of not work performance but because I was labeled a liability from the company attorney. I was never given an answer to what that meant, however, this was made because of a meeting that the attorney had with the manager, the same person who use to be my friend.

Is there something I can do? It's hard enough finding a new job as it is.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 1,307 • Replies: 2
No top replies

jespah

Reply Sun 20 Feb, 2011 07:41 am
@Yippy,
Contact a lawyer specializing in employment law.

BTW, don't expect any guarantees whatsoever, as the situation appears to have gone on for a while, and you seem to have been complicit, but it still might end up being a wrongful termination.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sun 20 Feb, 2011 08:10 am
Get a lawer. Tell him the entire story.
You MAY have a sexual harassment claim.
What exactly was in your job evaluation and WHO performed that evaluation?
I am surprised you didn't request or they didn't suggest a transfer to another department.
0 Replies