Is my dog crazy?

bluity

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2011 01:49 am
Tonight I gave my dog a new bone. He then proceeded to alternate between carrying it around while whining and dropping it to rub his face on the floor (or rub his face with his paws). My husband and I thought there might be something wrong with the bone, so we took it away and gave him a different kind. He whined a little with that one (I hear that's pretty normal), but didn't do the face-rubbing thing anymore. What would make him act this way?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 1,348 • Replies: 2
No top replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2011 06:35 am
@bluity,
Hes probably got an allergy. This face rubbing is often common behavior for a number of conditions. Could the bone be covered with hot pepper or some irritant? WHere did you get the bone? was it one of those wrapped doggie bones they sell in pet shops?
We go to the butcher and get knee bones or joint sections that could be used as soup bones. These are food grade and dont go through any industrial treatment.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2011 09:25 am
@bluity,
bluity wrote:

What would make him act this way?

My Poodle does the same thing when I give him synthetic chicken bone. He takes the bone, wanders around the house moaning and finally goes to his bed, where he puts the bone down and his nose about 1/2 inch away from it.
It takes him, with his moaning and wandering about 3 hours, before he eats it.
0 Replies