Botany questions, can I get some help?

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2011 08:32 pm
I have these botany questions I was unable to answer and I'm wondering if anyone can help me answer them?

1. In the bryophytes, the sporophyte is: A. the dominant generation; B. dependent on the gametophyte generation; C. able to produce all of its own nutritional requirements; D. both A and C

2. Gemmae function in: A. sexual reproduction; B. water retention; C. anchorage of a liverwort thallus to the substrate; D. asexual reproduction

3. Sperm find their way to a fern archegonium : A. by swimming; B. due to an attractive chemical diffusing from the archegonium; C. by utilizing flagella; D. all of the above

4. The structure by which a seedless plant typically disperses to a new environment is the: A. rhizome; B. seed; C. spore D. antheridium

5. in ferns: A. the leaf is called a frond; B. vascular tissues are present in the sporophyte; C.the sporophyte is the dominant generation; D. all of the above

6. Spore germination followed by cell divisions results in production of a(an):
A. Gametophyte; B. sporophyte; C. gemma; D. zygote

7. Club mosses: A. are so called because most produce strobili; B. do not produce gametophytes; C. are so called because of the social nature of the plants; D. are placed in the division Bryophyta

8. An undifferentiated plant body, such as in a liverwort, is called a(n): A. frond; B. thallus; C. sporophyte; D. Spore
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,007 • Replies: 0
No top replies