Divorce dilemmas of a child

cmlu

Reply Mon 7 Feb, 2011 07:44 pm
My mother and father are about to get a divorce and I found out that my father is financially cheating my mother. How can I help my mother win in court?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 907 • Replies: 4
No top replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 7 Feb, 2011 07:46 pm
Quote:
How can I help my mother win in court?

That's what lawyers, not children, are for. It isn't your responsibility to help anyone "win" or "lose".

I'm sorry your parents are divorcing and I hope that you can remain on good terms with both of them.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Mon 7 Feb, 2011 07:57 pm
Let me say this from experience.

Don't go there.

I don't know the specifics of your situation, but I do know that being in the middle of a divorce is a bad experience for a kid. Parents with any decency will do whatever they can to keep their kids out of it.

My advice to you is to keep from being in the middle of a fight that isn't yours.

0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 7 Feb, 2011 09:31 pm
I believe the best advise have already been made.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2011 09:08 am
The court will hammer this out.
Financial help for your support is set by the court and is based on the information your father gives to the court, like sources of income and owned property.

It is not unusual for spouses to hide sources of money from each other, but if the court finds out about it, then action will be taken.

Apparently you have information about your father's financial affairs. Stay out of it, unless your mother is suffering financially. SHE has to make claims on any additional income she needs.

0 Replies