Noumenon and Phenomenon

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2011 11:31 am
@Dasein,
...that is actually a good idea...a good introspective exercise.
...we all are full of "FOS"...thankfully we dare to try...just as long we are always aware that our knowledge is actually limited and flawed in many ways, no harm comes out of it...the honest open effort to get further should be our main concern...each in its own process...with its own language and paradigms...better if we can communicate it properly from well defined common principles...
0 Replies

JPLosman0711

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2011 01:23 pm
@Dasein,
After reading your post I decided to start writing a little something myself. The next time you're on Skype I would love to show it to you, and of course your feedback would be greatly appreciated.
0 Replies

JPLosman0711

Reply Sat 19 Mar, 2011 07:16 am
It's strange, I was absolutely loving what I was writing yesterday. Then I look at it today and I'm like "what the hell was I thinking???", I feel so incompetent now. Sad
Dasein

Reply Sat 19 Mar, 2011 03:30 pm
@JPLosman0711,
The purpose of writing is to uncover you. Once you uncover who you are, you'll discover that you used to be incompetent, then you'll discover there's no such thing as incompetence and you'll experience freedom.

You can't do what I'm talking about intellectually, you have to do the process. The problem with most people is that they want to know what's going to happen before they do it. Freedom doesn't happen that way.
JPLosman0711

Reply Sat 19 Mar, 2011 03:50 pm
@Dasein,
After each time I read one of your posts I'm always left thinking about it for the next several hours, during which I'll go through a 'process' of possible answers that can be 'mustered up' to your posts(usually a defense). Then I'll realize how silly I'm being when I take what I would have said and 'compare' it to a way that you could respond which is always in sort of the same dimension of what I said but easily 'trumps' it, just in a different direction.

I have 'done' this after nearly every post I have ever read of yours, what usually happens is 'me' 'settling' for an agreeable post like this one.

When I say 'settling', I mean one that doesn't attempt to move the conversation forward but attempts to move my own agenda forward.
Dasein

Reply Sat 19 Mar, 2011 07:03 pm
@JPLosman0711,
You should take what I'm saying to heart and let it sit. It's obvious (to me) that you have no idea that you have no idea of what you're doing or saying, because after all your posting you did move the conversation forward.
JPLosman0711

Reply Sat 19 Mar, 2011 07:12 pm
@Dasein,
So a long process of realizing that I have no clue about what I'm saying will eventually lead me to an 'ultimate place of knowing'?
Dasein

Reply Sun 20 Mar, 2011 06:00 am
@JPLosman0711,
It's not an accident that 'hope' and 'dope' sound alike, they're both addictive. Give up hope and just 'Be'.
JLNobody

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2011 04:14 pm
@Dasein,
When Pandora opened her box and allowed its evil contents to escape, hope remained in the box (or barrel?), so that humankind could continue to suffer.
JPLosman0711

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2011 05:04 pm
@JLNobody,
Who's suffering?
0 Replies