19
   

Mom kills her two teens for being mouthy.

 
 
IRFRANK
 
Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2011 07:40 am
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41319561/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts

Wow. Where to start?

So sad. I can't imagine being the dad, just lost his whole family.

I wonder if she was on anti-depressants?

She "had it all" so to speak. Middle America, nice house, good husband.

Where was the support structure?

Hard to understand yet I think if we are honest, we can understand easily.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 19 • Views: 9,900 • Replies: 166

 
OmSigDAVID
 
  -1  
Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2011 07:59 am

Since age 11, I 've believed that u shoud never trust
anyone
with more than u r willing to lose.

I wish that the victims had been defensively armed
and had time to defend their lives from this predator.

If I had a child, I 'd feel morally OBLIGATED
to offer him a revolver and competent training in how to defensively use it.





David
OmSigDAVID
 
  1  
Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2011 08:21 am

TAMPA, Florida — The wife of a military officer shot and killed her son on the way to soccer practice, then drove to their upscale home and shot her daughter in the head while she studied at her computer, police said Friday. Afterward, the woman told detectives she killed the teens for being "mouthy."

Julie Powers Schenecker admitted the slayings after officers found her covered in blood on the back porch of her home Friday morning, police spokeswoman Laura McElroy said. Schenecker's mother had called police from Texas because she was unable to reach the 50-year-old woman, who she said was depressed and had been complaining about her children.

Schenecker's husband, Parker Schenecker, is an Army colonel stationed at the headquarters of U.S. Central Command at MacDill Air Force Base in Tampa. The father had been away for several days when the killings happened, said CentCom spokesman Lt. Col. Michael Lawhorn, describing him as a career Army intelligence officer.
Mame
 
  5  
Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2011 08:39 am
That is very, very sad. What must have been going on for that poor woman to think about and then carry through with her thoughts. Sad for her when it sinks in what she's done - she has the rest of her life to live with this. And her poor husband - wow. It's just too tragic. His whole life has completely changed - wife in prison, children dead, and he wasn't even there at the time.

And David, the kids being armed wouldn't have helped them a bit - she shot them in the back of their heads and they didn't see it coming. Yours was an inane and inappropriate comment here, I think.
Arella Mae
 
  1  
Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2011 08:53 am
It is a sad thing. It seems people more and more are not considering the whole consequence of their actions. They get thoughts in their heads and either don't or CAN'T stop those thoughts from becoming reality. That poor man. His family wiped out in a second. I hope the woman gets help.
OmSigDAVID
 
  -2  
Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2011 09:35 am
@Mame,

Perhaps u became confused
with reference to: police finding defendant on
"the back porch of her home" .

I saw no reference to the back of her son's head,
altho the article says that her daughter
was shot both in the face and in the back of the head.

Sometimes people can turn around when thay hear
someone approaching, and if thay see
that thay r about to get shot,
then thay can IN SOME CASES, take action
to defend themselves, if thay have the necessary equipment immediately at hand.

It is appropriate to defend one 's life from predatory criminal violence.
It is appropriate to discuss it, if one wants to.





David
OmSigDAVID
 
  -2  
Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2011 09:48 am
@Arella Mae,
Arella Mae wrote:
It is a sad thing. It seems people more and more are not considering the whole consequence of their actions. They get thoughts in their heads and either don't or CAN'T stop those thoughts from becoming reality. That poor man. His family wiped out in a second. I hope the woman gets help.
I suspect that there were
physical or chemical changes in the killer's brain
that brought about the violent conduct.

I remember in 1972, I was silently very offended
at what I perceived as a nasty social error of etiquette against me.
I was quietly boiling mad.
After I had a WONDERFUL, delicious Italian meal,
I felt tremendously better and my good humor was restored.
I was impressed with my very rapid mood swings
on this occasion. It became abruptly evident to me,
that whereas I had believed that I was mad
because of a social affront, in fact,
it was from low blood sugar of which I had not been aware.





David
0 Replies
 
Mame
 
  2  
Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2011 10:06 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Okay, maybe not in the back of the head: "An arrest affidavit said Schenecker shot her son twice in the head "for talking back" as she drove him to soccer practice Thursday night." but there's no way he could have known she was going to shoot him and what's he going to do, carry a gun around in case his mom offs him? Ludicrous.

OmSigDAVID
 
  -3  
Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2011 10:18 am
@Mame,
Mame wrote:
Okay, maybe not in the back of the head: "An arrest affidavit said Schenecker shot her son twice in the head "for talking back" as she drove him to soccer practice Thursday night." but there's no way he could have known she was going to shoot him and what's he going to do, carry a gun around in case his mom offs him? Ludicrous.
In case ANYONE does. He did not need a special anti-mom gun.
I remember a movie I saw maybe 20 years ago,
purportedly based on an actual incident,
in which the dad of a family was suspected,
over a period of several months,
of intending to do what this mother did.
He was asked to see a psychologist; he did.
After some more scenes in the movie,
he went thru with it and killed his wife n kids,
who utterly FAILED to take any defensive measures,
and failed to evacuate the residence ( ??? )

I was sitting in my seat in the theater
WISHING that the victims woud arm themselves,
in preparation for what thay expected
and what actually happened; no, just like lams.

I felt that, vicariously.





David
0 Replies
 
CalamityJane
 
  2  
Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2011 10:23 am
Reason 3895678 why we need gun control


(....and especially people of David's mind frame shouldn't own a gun).
Fido
 
  -2  
Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2011 10:25 am
@IRFRANK,
IRFRANK wrote:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41319561/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts

Wow. Where to start?

So sad. I can't imagine being the dad, just lost his whole family.

I wonder if she was on anti-depressants?

She "had it all" so to speak. Middle America, nice house, good husband.

Where was the support structure?

Hard to understand yet I think if we are honest, we can understand easily.

Maybe if she had spanked them once or twice when they were young they would have had the fear of jesus instilled into them and no killing would have been necessary... Parents have no authority any more... Now we have to settle for influence... I think it is time for parents to fight back... Why saddle society with any more failures who have no self respect or respect for others... Such people are a waste of space above ground and below it as well...
OmSigDAVID
 
  0  
Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2011 10:27 am

Lemme put it another way:

If I had a child
and if he were injured or killed by predatory violence
in the street, I 'd feel morally responsible,
derelict in my moral duty to protect him,
if I had failed to offer him adequate defensive equipment
and competent training in its use.





David
Fido
 
  -1  
Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2011 10:28 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:


TAMPA, Florida — The wife of a military officer shot and killed her son on the way to soccer practice, then drove to their upscale home and shot her daughter in the head while she studied at her computer, police said Friday. Afterward, the woman told detectives she killed the teens for being "mouthy."

Julie Powers Schenecker admitted the slayings after officers found her covered in blood on the back porch of her home Friday morning, police spokeswoman Laura McElroy said. Schenecker's mother had called police from Texas because she was unable to reach the 50-year-old woman, who she said was depressed and had been complaining about her children.

Schenecker's husband, Parker Schenecker, is an Army colonel stationed at the headquarters of U.S. Central Command at MacDill Air Force Base in Tampa. The father had been away for several days when the killings happened, said CentCom spokesman Lt. Col. Michael Lawhorn, describing him as a career Army intelligence officer.

Couldn't have been too intelligent... How could he tell if the enemy was ready to attack if he couldn't even tell if his wife was ready to bust...
0 Replies
 
CalamityJane
 
  4  
Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2011 10:30 am
@Fido,
OMG, your comment is just as bad as David's.
All teenagers are mouthy, that's their job. You just wanted to throw in that
spanking would have been the answer, right? Fight violence with violence
is even worse.....I hope you don't have kids (for their sake).
kickycan
 
  5  
Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2011 10:31 am
@Mame,
Why respond to this guy? Maybe he'll go away and leave the thread to the adults if we all just ignore his retarded comments.

I mean, no matter what you say to him, his response will be basically the same:

I LOVE GUNS I LOVE GUNS I LOVE GUNS I LOVE GUNS I LOVE GUNS I LOVE GUNS I LOVE GUNS I LOVE GUNS

He's a ridiculous person who should not be taken seriously.
0 Replies
 
OmSigDAVID
 
  -3  
Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2011 10:32 am
@CalamityJane,
CalamityJane wrote:

Reason 3895678 why we need gun control


(....and especially people of David's mind frame shouldn't own a gun).
From the point of vu of criminals who
woud inflict predatory violence upon us,
that is certainly true,
but we have as much right to defend ourselves as anyone, Jane.





David
Fido
 
  1  
Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2011 10:34 am
@Mame,
Mame wrote:

That is very, very sad. What must have been going on for that poor woman to think about and then carry through with her thoughts. Sad for her when it sinks in what she's done - she has the rest of her life to live with this. And her poor husband - wow. It's just too tragic. His whole life has completely changed - wife in prison, children dead, and he wasn't even there at the time.

And David, the kids being armed wouldn't have helped them a bit - she shot them in the back of their heads and they didn't see it coming. Yours was an inane and inappropriate comment here, I think.
What makes you think she thought about it... Obviously something in the thought process broke down... Most people live lives of quiet desparation, and some people, when they have had enough have had enough... Then they don't care what happens or who gets hurt or what happens to them, or what people say about it..

All that stuff of consequences is part of rationality, and it is an unnatural state for most people... To live socially we must act rationally, but such behavior must be rewarded and encouraged if it will survive... What if all you hear from the world is: Too Bad!; Now Go Ahead and Hurt!
0 Replies
 
Fido
 
  1  
Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2011 10:43 am
@Arella Mae,
Arella Mae wrote:

It is a sad thing. It seems people more and more are not considering the whole consequence of their actions. They get thoughts in their heads and either don't or CAN'T stop those thoughts from becoming reality. That poor man. His family wiped out in a second. I hope the woman gets help.

She wants to die... Now she can die without having to worry about what her children may think of her for giving up on life...

Children can be so entirely cruel to each other and to their families... Adults are good at it too; but children take the cake because they have such small **** limits... The **** they take they express all around them, and for them, suffering their ignorance, and always pushed to perform feats of mental acrobatics are often tortured in the process of being made fit for society to profit from... Maybe mom had had enough... Maybe they had had enough long ago and some one kept asking for more and more...

Do you think it is insane??? I agree... That we should be living as we do, as carelessly and heartlessly as we do, driven always to distraction, overworked and underpaid, living with fear and insecurity is mindless, mad, and insane!!!
0 Replies
 
sozobe
 
  3  
Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2011 11:00 am
@IRFRANK,
I don't think there is necessarily a true "because" here any more than Rep. Giffords was shot "because" of her stance on grammar. I think this woman must have had some sort of psychotic break.

Horrifying story.

edit: just read further and saw this:

Quote:
while she [the mother] recovered from a serious car crash that happened about a month ago


I wouldn't be surprised if there was some sort of brain damage or PTSD going on.
0 Replies
 
Fido
 
  -3  
Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2011 11:01 am
@CalamityJane,
CalamityJane wrote:

OMG, your comment is just as bad as David's.
All teenagers are mouthy, that's their job. You just wanted to throw in that
spanking would have been the answer, right? Fight violence with violence
is even worse.....I hope you don't have kids (for their sake).
It isn't their job... They don't have jobs, and they are right to hold their parents in contempt because their parent have no legal authority, but only legal responsibility...

The kids are taught at a very young age to call 911 and they learn that teachers and parents who cannot afford the humiliation or the price of attorneys are at their mercy... If you do not get to a kid before he figures out how to use the phone and bring him within an inch of his life you can forget getting any respect out of him... Then your only resource is influence, and some kids are better at taking it, and some parents are better at using it; but forget those who are not...This is what law has brought us to, that there is no community control, no community responsibility, and almost no communities of any shape or form... The family is the last bastion of old communities and even there law is a force that fractures all into so many individuals with individual rights... It is no way to live... It is every one for him or her self... No cohesion, no community; nothing shared, no unity... It is law that makes children that parents cannot wait to get away from... It is law that makes parents kids cannot wait to get away from.... But the more law we have, the more law we need; and we see here a perfect example of the success of law, that it made enemies of parent and children... If law holds me in contempt, and says that I must suffer the abuse of my children and not raise a hand to them; then why should they not do exactly as the law allows???

Consider this: When you grow older you may learn to have respect for all people until you find some good reason to disrespect them... Children do not even have the sense to respect themselves, and yet they are suppose to learn the lesson of respect from people they have no social obligation to respect... It is amazing that any child can learn it, and so it is not unusual that disrespect is so common that people feel they must be armed to be able to demand respect... Look at David... He feels like a munchkin in a land of Giants... Were he a man he might settle for an open fist or five smooth stones... Instead, only a loaded gun allows him to feel like a man...
 

Related Topics

Florida grand jury to probe Trayvon Martin killing - Discussion by BumbleBeeBoogie
 
  1. Forums
  2. » Mom kills her two teens for being mouthy.
Copyright © 2021 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 07/24/2021 at 09:35:56