Mom kills her two teens for being mouthy.

Fido

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2011 11:07 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

CalamityJane wrote:

Reason 3895678 why we need gun control

(....and especially people of David's mind frame shouldn't own a gun).
From the point of vu of criminals who
woud inflict predatory violence upon us,
that is certainly true,
but we have as much right to defend ourselves as anyone, Jane.

David
No doubt... We are often made victims; but often those who would make us so are other victims as well... We are a nation of victims surrounded by a population of victims who would do just about anything to change places with the victors... The fact I hate is that all the people who would turn their guns on their neighbors for stealing their junk or some other triviality will never think to send a shot at those people who are making losers of us all... They are just more wailing at the branches of evil when they should be taking an axe to the roots...
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2011 11:14 am
More:

Quote:
Authorities say Julie Powers Schenecker was taken to Tampa General Hospital shortly after midnight Saturday to be treated for a medical condition that existed before she was taken to jail. Hillsborough Sheriff's deputies — who oversee jail inmates — said they could not reveal Schenecker's medical condition, citing health care privacy laws.

and

Quote:

It was clear something had gone wrong: As police led Julie Schenecker to a patrol car Friday, she shook uncontrollably, her eyes wide and wild.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5iCwVHaa6OZ9ixcN6QvFFfqfJTqdw?docId=cb6fa16d2df4435ab0345fde938dbeda

I really think the "mouthiness" is immaterial. She has some sort of health problem that I would really guess is a mental health problem, brain-damage-related, something.

And the "victim" stuff is immaterial as well. Nobody should have to suspect their own mother of wanting to kill them. That kind of suspicion is itself crippling.
parados

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2011 11:15 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

Lemme put it another way:

If I had a child

David

If you had a child and he acted the way you wanted the 2 teens in this story to act, they would have killed you quite some time ago. Probably when they were 8.
CalamityJane

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2011 11:22 am
@Fido,
Your statement most likely shows the surrounding you live in and that's where you take your opinion from, however, that's not true for everybody.
I have a completely different experience and not only with my own child,
also with other parent/children relationships.
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2011 11:56 am
If she had a medical condition that contributed to her actions, I'd wonder why her husband wasn't in the same country - let alone at home- helping her mind the children and giving her support in her recuperation.
If he knowingly left her alone to deal with something she obviously wasn't in the condition or shape to deal with - then he'll have to live with THAT for the rest of his life, along with the fact that his two children are dead.

If it turns out she didn't have a contributing medical condition- she's a coward and a bully.
Okay, maybe she snapped and shot the son when he mouthed off to her - but that would mean she just happened to have a 38 at her disposal while she was driving her son to SOCCER PRACTICE?!
And in terms of her daughter's murder, it sounds as if she snuck up behind her and shot her in the head.
What a ******* coward.

I HATE guns. And I hate the fact that people like this woman and Jared Lougher (or whatever his name is) - apparently unhinged - have such easy access to them.

All the adults in this picture let those two children down. If their mother was sick and struggling - where the hell was their father?

This reminds me of the Andrea Yates case - the kids are just ten years older. Their mother couldn't overpower them and hold their heads under the bath water so she had to surprise them and shoot them in the head.

Sad, sick and sickening.

0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2011 12:19 pm
@sozobe,
sozobe wrote:
And the "victim" stuff is immaterial as well.
Nobody should have to suspect their own mother
of wanting to kill them. That kind of suspicion is itself crippling.
Thay don 't "HAVE TO"
and thay apparently DID NOT.

Thay r crippled now.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2011 12:25 pm
"The arrest affidavit said the weapon was purchased five days earlier."
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2011 12:29 pm
@parados,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

Lemme put it another way:

If I had a child

David
parados wrote:
If you had a child and he acted the way you wanted the 2 teens in this story to act,
they would have killed you quite some time ago.[For what reason ??]
Probably when they were 8.
That is only chaotic confusion coming from u,
Parados. U usually show some logic in your posts.
Is this a joke ?

The way that I 'd want them to act is DEFENSIVE,
in the event of predatory violence.

Your post is unclear as to whether u r attributing
predatory violence to me, against my own family.

Maybe u were only mindlessly mudslinging; I dunno.

Its below your standards, Parados.
Maybe u have forsaken logic, in your anti-victim zeal.

David
wmwcjr

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2011 12:30 pm
@IRFRANK,
How horrible! As a husband and father, I don't think I can fully comprehend the shock, the grief, and the stress that Parker Schenecker must be suffering now.
Rockhead

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2011 12:30 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
dave, I gotta say this.

we disagree in lotsa ways.

but I commend you on your decision not to raise children.

really.
LionTamerX

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2011 12:35 pm
@Rockhead,
Quote:
your decision not to raise children.

He probably had a bit of help making his decision.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2011 12:44 pm
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:
dave, I gotta say this.

we disagree in lotsa ways.

but I commend you on your decision not to raise children.

really.
Thank u; from the age of O,
I never wanted any.

Mothers have no monopoly
on homicidal mindlessness.
Children have done it too.
I am 100% safe from patricide,
but let the record indicate that
(unlike what Parados appears to have implied)
I 'd not have been unkind to them

I have quite a good history of friendly
relations and good will with my girlfriends' children
(none of whom r genetically related to me).
I gave them plenty of $$ and other gifts,
for no reason, unexpectedly sua sponte
and I addressed them with high standards of courtesy.

David
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2011 12:48 pm
And still people continue to engage the gun-worshipping retard...
JPB

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2011 12:48 pm
@kickycan,
No kidding. This thread became about David before the end of pg 1.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2011 12:53 pm
@LionTamerX,
Quote:
your decision not to raise children.
LionTamerX wrote:
He probably had a bit of help making his decision.
YOU know me well enuf to judge that, u think ??????

Several chics who have children
have tried to get me to marry them, (as did some of their mothers).

I don 't believe in that.

David
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2011 12:55 pm
@JPB,
JPB wrote:
No kidding. This thread became about David before the end of pg 1.
I don 't wanna go off-topic.

David
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2011 01:20 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

David
parados wrote:
If you had a child and he acted the way you wanted the 2 teens in this story to act,
they would have killed you quite some time ago.[For what reason ??]
Probably when they were 8.
That is only chaotic confusion coming from u,
Parados. U usually show some logic in your posts.
Is this a joke ?

The way that I 'd want them to act is DEFENSIVE,
in the event of predatory violence.
In order for kids to defend themselves they would have to be prepared to shoot their parent before they were shot. Since you always carry a gun, they would have to assume intent simply from you carrying. Waiting til you shot them would be too late, would it not?
Quote:

Your post is unclear as to whether u r attributing
predatory violence to me, against my own family.

Maybe u were only mindlessly mudslinging; I dunno.

Its below your standards, Parados.
Maybe u have forsaken logic, in your anti-victim zeal.

David

Let's look at the logic David.
In order to defend oneself from a parent that would shoot a child, that child has to shoot the parent before they are shot, would they not? What is the threat that would lead to shooting in self defense David? You would be carrying a gun. How would a child know when you would raise the threat to using your gun? Why would you want them to wait until you actually threatened them since waiting until that time would mean they wouldn't have the ability to defend themselves since you could shoot them before they could respond?

So, in order to be ready to defend themselves the child would have to have the gun out and able to be pointed at you quickly. This would put you at a disadvantage David since the child could then shoot you before you can defend yourself. This means you would have to also have your gun out at all times or be unable to defend yourself before being shot.

So David..
In the art of self defense with a gun, do you keep it holstered until shot at? Doesn't that defeat your statement that people with guns are protected from being shot?
IRFRANK

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2011 01:28 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
Since age 11, I 've believed that u shoud never trust
anyone with more than u r willing to lose.

I wish that the victims had been defensively armed
and had time to defend their lives from this predator.

If I had a child, I 'd feel morally OBLIGATED
to offer him a revolver and competent training in how to defensively use it.

You think children should be armed to protect themselves against their parents?

You are a confused person.

There would be a lot of dead parents.
0 Replies

IRFRANK

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2011 01:31 pm
@Fido,
Quote:
Maybe if she had spanked them once or twice when they were young they would have had the fear of jesus instilled into them and no killing would have been necessary... Parents have no authority any more... Now we have to settle for influence... I think it is time for parents to fight back... Why saddle society with any more failures who have no self respect or respect for others... Such people are a waste of space above ground and below it as well...

So, you are blaming the children?

This mom did fight back, effectively.

Wow.
Ceili

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2011 01:35 pm
This is so tragic.
My heart goes out to the father. He probably didn't even know his wife had bought the gun. Depression is the number one disease. We all know someone who is depressed. To blame the father is a bit premature and wrong. Are we all at fault when we leave a depressed person for an hour or a few days?
As for spanking the kids to prevent this kind of thing happening...
Wow, that's just nuts. Really?!?
If you can't handle the kids talking back, take a vacation, go to the gym, go to the doctor, get some valium... Seriously. Blaming the victims here is retarded. Everybody had attitude at some point, beating a kid to prevent further tantrums only insures other problems.
Arming a child to prevent a parent from shooting them is the worst kind of grimm fairy-tale I can imagine. Jesus, imagine the phycological crap that would leave a person with. I'm agog at the suggestion. Shocked